CCNA is expired

iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
I let my CCNA expire. I am still not working in the field but enjoy the challenge of studying for the exams. Just talked to a buddy who stressed getting back on the horse and pushing all the way to CCIE. I am trying to get back into it all but wondering how much the game has changed since 2011?
CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Its a big jump from CCNA to CCIE. If your questioning how the game has changed already I'm not sure it's a good time to make that commitment.

I guess the first question is what are your goals. Work backwards from there and try to work in a direction that makes them a possible outcome.

Good Luck
  • Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    People reckon it's harder this time round, from what I've read.
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Do you work in the network field? Or was this a personal accomplishment? If this is your career, recertifying would be a step forward, then begin studying for the CCNP. If this was a personal endeavor, you did it once, and can do it again if you so desire. Yes, Cisco has changed the format, but the networking essentials are still the same. They have segmented more, making specializations more defined. This is a positive in my mind.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't work in the field. Currently, I am a math teacher. I have a degree in EE, so I would like to do something that is technical and challenging. Something that once my teaching phase is over, perhaps I could switch gears back into the technical world. Maybe I could even branch out and teach the networking stuff.
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    People reckon it's harder this time round, from what I've read.

I don't know about that statement. I failed twice on the older CCNA composite exam but passed significantly well with the 200-120. I thought the newer one was easier, however, that may have been the 7 months of studying between my second (Sept. 30) and third attempt (April 1icon_cool.gif.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.