Passed the 220-802 today. Very Happy. :-)

GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed the 220-801 a few weeks back with a 806, and today I passed the 220-802 with a 839. I've put this off for a while.. not sure why. I've always said that CompTIA certifications like A+ is not a beginners cert and a lot of people in I.T. really miss out all of the great troubleshooting experience that comes from this certification and field. I find that many people even years into whatever I.T. field they are working in, do not have "any" troubleshooting experience at all.

After my "25 years" in information technology.. I will honestly say to anyone, new to computers or old....
Get this cert. My 2 cents.

Read the SIMS carefully.. on both exams, and don't rush too fast. I used Mike Myers book (the 8th edition), but I found the Sybex book from Emmett Dulaney to be a bit more suited to me.

Good Luck to all in your exams. - Geelo
Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks, Have a great upcoming weekend!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice going!!!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats on your exam
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice going!!!

Thank You. Have a great day!
    greg9891 wrote: »
    congrats on your exam

Thank You, Have a great day as well!
  • anywhoanywho Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • John BurtonJohn Burton Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Congrats on the pass! Are you planning on taking any more certifications?
  • walter18walter18 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi, how are you?, congrats
    how did you prepare and study and what materials did you use?