ISP TECH SUPPORT

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Senior MemberPA Posts: 461Member ■■■□□□□□□□
ALL,
HAVE ANY OF YOU CALLED YOUR ISP FOR TECH HELP AND ENDED UP KNOWING MORE THEN THE PERSON WHO WAS HELPING YOU ?
i JUST HAD TO CALL AND I GOT THE INFO TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM BUT GEEZZE WHAT AM I PAYING THESE FOLKS FOR ?

MY TWO CENTS
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Posts: 2,112Member
    Are you paying them for support or for an internet connection?
    Generally the support guy who calls will be first line support just to take details of the fault.This is a fast response to tie in with customer sla's.Dont be surprised that you knew more its common and as they are basically secetaries i would be worried if you didnt.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • SlowhandSlowhand MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2003/2012/2016, CCNA Routing & Switchi Bay Area, CaliforniaPosts: 5,163Mod Mod
    I've not only ended up knowing more than a lot of them, I've caught some of them in blatant lies:

"Uhh, no sir. It's not possible to network the cable connection you're paying us for, you'll just have to talk to our sales department and sign up for a broadband line for each computer in your house."

(I'm thankful I didn't decide to go down there. I would have strangled him with his phonecord for telling customers stuff like that.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.