Options

DCE/DTE Cable Question

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I have 2 2621XM routers. I'm wanting to connect them serially with DTE/DCE cables. I have 1 WIC-1T module in each router. Is this the right cable:

3ft Blue DB60 DCE DTE Crossover Cable for Cisco WIC 1T 2500 Routers | eBay

I ask because in the title, it says "2500 Routers". I'm just making sure this will work with my 2600 series routers. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    Also, what clock rate speed is recommended for the DCE-connected router when using a 2621XM? You only have to use that command on the interface connected to the DCE, correct?
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    the cable is the right one for 1WIC-1T module......it will work with the router 2600....U will have to configure the clockrate on the DCE end....bout the clockrate, it really doesn't matter unless u have a T1 connection with a CSU/DSU box connected to it. for lab purpose just do clockrate ? command & pick one as u like. it will work just fine.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For some reason, 64000 seems to be a popular clock rate for DB60 Serial in labs.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    For some reason, 64000 seems to be a popular clock rate for DB60 Serial in labs.

+1 Agreed...there are higher BWs but if you are just labbin' "clock rate 64000" is fine
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Yup, that is the right cable, just received two of them from the same company and they work great.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.