Options

help feel like a moron my switch baud rate is 110 I can't break in? help

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys,

this is my issue. I bought a 3560 switch on ebay and it runs good but the baud rate is 110.
and i changed it in normal mode and saved it but it keeps going back to the 110 rate.
so i thought to break into ROMMON mode and set the baud rate but I cannot break into the switch
it says 5 seconds to interupt it? huh and I hit
ctrl+C Ctrl+break
what else can i do to break into ROMMON i am clueless. I have never had issues breaking in before
but not sure what else i can do tobreak into rommon to set the baud rat to back to 9600?
any help would be much appreciated
thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1.What are you doing to try and get into ROMMON? Are you holding down the mode button until the green light turns solid? Hold it down right when you power it up and wait for like 10-20 seconds. ROMMON should come up
    2. I doubt this could be the issue, but check anyway. Is the command #no service password-recovery in your startup config?

Anyhow, you won't be able to set the baud rate in the normal cli. You have to be in ROMMON
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you're trying the wrong method for ROMMON, it's probably button based like the 3550.

Check the Cisco site
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    thanks man just did the mode key that does work and you are right I just learned something. have to set the baud in rommon thanks bro; I guess this is training hahah thanks god I didn't want to send the switch back;i got in and now it is set to 9600 thanks a lot!
  • Options
    yup it is button based I just got 3560s and well need to have better research skills just got in ;) thanks men!