Options

70-410 & Sybex Study Material

TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sybex offers "Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2" as well as "MCSA Windows Server 2012 Complete Study Guide: Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417". Which one of these books do you all recommend, if either? If I purchase either, it'll be used along side the CBT Nuggets video material & probably the official 70-410 Press Book by Craig Zacker.

If i matters, I mostly have just basic level AD experience from desktop support work, 7 ish years.
B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)

Comments

• Options
    locastrolocastro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go for the mastering for a more complete reference. I used the all on one guide and the mastering for 410 and 411, but IMO the complete study guide wasn't so great for either exam. I haven't completed the 412 yet, so can't comment on that one. Regarding the experience, take your time studying, read and lab as much as you can before challenging the exam. Don't put too much time into practice exams, instead get to know the product inside and out. The objectives will be much more than just basic AD admin. CBT nuggets were pretty good as well as the MS Press Training Guides, but with you will want to dig deeper than what they provide. Good luck!
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    locastro wrote: »
    Go for the mastering for a more complete reference. I used the all on one guide and the mastering for 410 and 411, but IMO the complete study guide wasn't so great for either exam. I haven't completed the 412 yet, so can't comment on that one. Regarding the experience, take your time studying, read and lab as much as you can before challenging the exam. Don't put too much time into practice exams, instead get to know the product inside and out. The objectives will be much more than just basic AD admin. CBT nuggets were pretty good as well as the MS Press Training Guides, but with you will want to dig deeper than what they provide. Good luck!

Do you remember what chapters you studied for the 70-410 one? I just picked up this book and man this book is huge. Let me know when you have time.

Thanks
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*