Options

Passed VCP510

Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I wanted to say thanks to this great community once again, the study resources you have listed here were a huge help for me. The test was very tough, but I managed to get by it with a 325. Thanks for helping my out with answering my questions the past few weeks as well!

Comments

• Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What study resources did you use exactly? I'm starting the Stanly class this month and I also bought Scott Lowe's book.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I also would be curious to hear what study resources you used, and any classes you attended (Stanly etc)
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I basically went down the list on the sticky thread in this forum. I took the required ICM 5.5 class to get my certificate but that's it.

I went through all the online/web based practice exams, and the official VMware mock exams
    I reviewed the blueprint/study guide from mwpreston.net for the exam
    I bought and read most of the Mastering vSphere 5.5 book

...and of course did some labbing in the areas I hadn't seen before.

I think for me the hardest part was the time limit. 90 minutes for 85 questions is too tight. This was the only reason I took the VCP 510 instead of the VCP 550. I don't think I would have been able to get the 135 questions done in 2 hours.
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tommy_D wrote: »
    I basically went down the list on the sticky thread in this forum. I took the required ICM 5.5 class to get my certificate but that's it.

I went through all the online/web based practice exams, and the official VMware mock exams
    I reviewed the blueprint/study guide from mwpreston.net for the exam
    I bought and read most of the Mastering vSphere 5.5 book

...and of course did some labbing in the areas I hadn't seen before.

I think for me the hardest part was the time limit. 90 minutes for 85 questions is too tight. This was the only reason I took the VCP 510 instead of the VCP 550. I don't think I would have been able to get the 135 questions done in 2 hours.

I agree with that, but Vmware is being nice, they give you an extra 5 seconds per question on the VCP550 :P
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    anywhoanywho Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!