Options

Add #1 lurker Joneno to the list. CISSP...Check !!

jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
Why I failed it the first time I honestly don't know. I'm just glad this one is out of the way, took the exam this morning after months of inconsistent studies. Up next is CRISC June 14 and CISM September 6. Special thanks to Irish Angel, JDMurray, Kalkan999, Docrice, the old Keatron post, you guys motivate me to the max...you just don't know it. I really can't stop lurking here lol. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    Congrats on the pass. How did you change your study habits upon working towards your 2nd attempt?

I didnt pass in April but hope to take the exam in the first week of June. I am reading my weak areas currently with the Sybex 6th edition.

Billy
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    More than glad to be of service for such an awesome day.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I honestly think the test was easy. For a minute I was shocked how quickly I went through 100 questions.
    I took a break at 150 to catch my breathe. Maybe I over-studied, or I got a easy one this time around.
    @Billy...For the second attempt I just studied and studied. The first time I only used Eric Conrad's study guide and CCURE.
    This time around I ditched the practice test and used Shon Harris alone. A day before the test I took off from work to study all day.
    I read the entire 11th hour and study guide by Eric Conrad again. I didn't bother with the practice test again, because I was literally
    sleeping, eating and dreaming CISSP 10 domains. lol
  • Options
    billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    @joneno thanks for the reply! I myself too when I first took the exam by reading through Eric Conrad 2nd edition and read the 11th hour 10 days prior the exam. I used Shon Harris but only for her end of chapter summaries. Flash forward to today and I am rereading with a different book. The Sybex 6th edition which I hope to have completed by May 18-19. After that I plan to roll into the final portion of my study which I am still trying to finalize. Thanks for your reply and once again congrats on passing! :)
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Watch some of the old Shon Harris videos until you find her insanely attractive, then you'll know you're ready, Billy. :)
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congratulations. CISSP not an easy endeavor. my brother always says that "you've tamed the beast" each time I passed a difficult exam.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Options
    @billy you'll be fine. I decided not to use the practice test because I felt very confident. I listened to the cissp audios on the train, working out, cooking, in the shower, name it. Hahahaha. If you understand the concepts in detail and the domain a particular question is referencing you can always eliminate the wrong answer or be confident about whatever answer you pick. I did review all 250 answers because I had two hours to spare.
    I wasn't taking any chances with being mentally tired as most people said. Honestly, this exam is easy but mentally tasking.
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options