Options

Anyone currently studying for MCSA 2012?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Glenn1986Glenn1986 Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EpsiOne:

I used mastering server 2012 for my MCSA and i found it very useful as a secondary resource. I used CBTnuggets as my primary resource. For objectives that i needed to delve into a little futher, i would reference the book as well as technet.

I would say it is sufficient to use as a primary resource as it gives an overview of most, if not all of the objectives. However, it depends on your preference, as i find most of the exam books to be longer and dryer than i would prefer. So i relied on CBTnuggets to get me through most of the meat and potatos while referencing additional material.

If you are following along with labs, i would recommend doing your own "spin" on them and ensuring you are making notes of menus and settings during the installations etc. Just doing simple service setups and installs like many of the labs offer is likely not enough of a prep.

Hope this helps!

good luck
  • Options
    sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glenn1986 wrote: »
    EpsiOne:

I used mastering server 2012 for my MCSA and i found it very useful as a secondary resource. I used CBTnuggets as my primary resource. For objectives that i needed to delve into a little futher, i would reference the book as well as technet.

I would say it is sufficient to use as a primary resource as it gives an overview of most, if not all of the objectives. However, it depends on your preference, as i find most of the exam books to be longer and dryer than i would prefer. So i relied on CBTnuggets to get me through most of the meat and potatos while referencing additional material.

If you are following along with labs, i would recommend doing your own "spin" on them and ensuring you are making notes of menus and settings during the installations etc. Just doing simple service setups and installs like many of the labs offer is likely not enough of a prep.

Hope this helps!

good luck

I agree with this. I am using CBT Nuggets 70-410 with R2 updates as my primary source, and Mastering Server 2012 R2 as my secondary with Technet for deeper insight. I am creating my own lab as I go through the videos. Once I finish the videos I will read through the related chapters and additional sections in the Mastering Server 2012 R2. Then finally take practice tests and I should be more than ready.

To be honest, watching the videos before reading the book is a great way as Glenn1986 put it.
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, do you use any material for lab works? If YES then which ones?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    AlgebroAlgebro Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys! I'm new to the community here and would like to join the Hangouts group. I think it will help me stay focused and really on track to finish this cert. Looking forward to meeting you all!
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Sure thing just inbox me your gmail account and I will add you to the group.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    AlgebroAlgebro Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not seeing any options to do that--I saw a post earlier saying new users can't...is that true?
  • Options
    iJourneyiJourney Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also love to join. This would be a great opportunity to stay focus with like minded people.
  • Options
    AIRPILKAIRPILK Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to join the hangout group but do not have enough posts yet to PM.

Airpilk
  • Options
    Living LegendLiving Legend Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please add me to your band of merry men travelling the rocky road of MCSA/MCSE

Living Legend
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Go ahead and send me an email with your gmail account.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Can you send me another invite shy, I don't know what happened to mine
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As I am preparing for my 70-417, how important is System Center for this exam. I realize, since I am on the Desktop Infrastructure route, System Center will fall into play for 70-415/70-416.

I am just wondering if I should set up an addition VM server with SCCM?

Any input on this, would be appreciated.
  • Options
    chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
    I am working on my mcsa 2012 right now.

Right now I am chugging away on the 70-410.
    -wrapping up the book exam ref 70-410 R2 by Zacker today or tomorrow
    -Starting cbt nuggets after above
    -I might also purchase the 70-410 training guide from ms press
    -Purchasing practice test after cbt (not sure measureup or trancender yet)

Hoping to take the test by the end of July. Whats everyone's thoughts on the training book and practice test?
  • Options
    EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have not checked on the forum for a while, but I was review the objectives of 70-417 and noticed this, which I am not sure it was there before.
    But this answers my previoius questions, but concerning 70-417.

So I guess I should install System Center 2012 on one of my VM Servers.

"Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.This exam has been updated to cover the recent technology updates in Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Centre 2012 R2. For more details, you may review the documents on the exam detail pages for exams 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412."

• Options
    cissptstcissptst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is there any group? I'm studying for MCSA.... studying for 70-410 now...
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I'm studying for it as well after having taken he official MS class on 2012. I liked the class and then bought the Zucker book. I feel the book isn't really anything new, its just brushing over topics, not giving hard facts which the exam will require. I'm waiting for Don Poulton's book to come out in July to really start studying...
  • Options
    asegunloluasegunlolu Banned Posts: 38 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for my MCSE 2012 certification. But will be interested in setting up group hangouts for a group study. We can go through the official Microsoft lab and the official course together. Will be interesting to study and lab as a group (70-410; 70-411 and 70-412).. No time wasters please.
  • Options
    brdardusanbrdardusan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also studying for 70-410. Has anyone formed a hangout group yet. Thx
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Message shyguy
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    Le-Mond NeffLe-Mond Neff Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys I am about to start studying a course in I.T. the course includes the below. what i want to know is this course worth it or am i Wasting my time? please help?
    • MCSA Windows 2003 Track 70-290/291/299/680
    • MCSE Windows Server 2003 Track 70-290/291/293/294/298/299/680
    • MCITP Server Administrator – 70-640/642/646
    • MCITP Enterprise Support Technician
    • MCITP Enterprise Administrator – 70-640/642/643/647/680
    • MCSA )Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate): Configuring Windows 8 - 70-687
    • MCSA Windows Server 2012 – 70-410/411/412
    • Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 70-662
    Desktop Administration:
    • Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Administrator (Configuring Windows 70-680 & Enterprise Administrator Desktop 70-686
    Databases:
    • SQL Server 2008: Implementing & Maintaining
    • SQL Server 2008: Database Development
    • SQL Server 2008: Business Intelligence Development & Maintaining
    • SQL Server 2008 R2: Implementing & Maintaining
    • SQL Server 2008 R2: Database Development
    • SQL Server 2012: Database Administration 70-461
    • SQL Server 2012: Database Querying 70-462
    Programming
    • .NET Framework 4: Web Applications 70-515 VB & C#
    • .NET Framework 4: Service Communication Applications 70-513 VB and C#
    • .NET Framework 4: Data Access 70-516 VB & C#
    • .NET Framework 4: Windows Application 70-511 VB & C#
    • MCPD SharePoint Developer 70-576
    SharePoint:
    • MCITP Share Point Administrator – 70-667 Configuring & Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration 70-668
    • MCPD SharePoint Developer 70-576
  • Options
    unable to message shyguy.. any other way to join the group?
  • Options
    If shyguy's group is no longer active, I'm happy to start one using the microsoft official training and labs.
  • Options
    ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    how is it going with ur studying?
  • Options
    leolee1986leolee1986 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started the study on 70-410 a few days ago. I just got a job as system admin at a small company, since i don't have a whole lot of experience on Windows server (I was a computer repair tech in my last job, I just fix computer, phone , tablet), everyday I learn something new and I can use it at my job.

Right now I have a small lab setup with one esxi host, I set up 2 servers, and 2 win 7 client for the 70-410 study.

my email is leolee1986@gmail.com
    maybe we could form a study group if you want to learn together.
  • Options
    sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    asegunlolu wrote: »
    If shyguy's group is no longer active, I'm happy to start one using the microsoft official training and labs.

The group is still active. Message me for an invite if Shyguy doesn't respond.
  • Options
    ITkhursheedITkhursheed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello everyone... I am khursheed, new here.
    I just want to ask all of you for a help.
    please provide me some notes to understand and complete MCSA 2012.
    if anyone of you have made their own notes for MCSA 2012 with an easy understand method , please please prpvide me. I will be grateful to those kind friends. please reply me soon.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Xenith19Xenith19 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello everyone... I am khursheed, new here.
    I just want to ask all of you for a help.
    please provide me some notes to understand and complete MCSA 2012.
    if anyone of you have made their own notes for MCSA 2012 with an easy understand method , please please prpvide me. I will be grateful to those kind friends. please reply me soon.
    Thanks

Well, you should start by studying for Microsoft's 70-410 exam. You need to pass that plus the 70-411 and 70-412 exams to be granted an MCSA.

A great starting resource on this site is the objectives topic:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/88247-70-410-resources.html
  • Options
    romevjrromevjr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will PM you gmail address. I am interested in joining the group as well.
    I am using Testout 70-410 and the exam ref or study material.
  • Options
    animevsrealityanimevsreality Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi there, would love to meet more MCSA study buddies, I have skype shirley.tong84

Also let me know how do I message you lot on the forum can't seem to figure it out

Cheers
  • Options
    natharasnatharas Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post, there is a google hangout group that I'm a member of for the MCSA 2012