Options

Help help asap! quick interview question!

jws86jws86 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all I had a great interview on 4/25 for a help desk position. The following monday I sent out real good thank you letters to the two guys i interviewed with. I called yesterday to follow up and see where they were at. A decision had not been made but they had received my thank you letters and I received good feedback about those. The HR lady now wants to talk with me on the phone for 15 mins or so she is calling back in about 10 mins. What could I expect from this type of interview? Apparently she was supposed to sit in on the initial in person interview and couldn't make it. Thanks! You all have been a great help. If anyone has any feedback quickly it would be greatly appreciated!
Currently studying for CCNA R&S

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    HR = personality interview

They want to see your people skills, how polite you are, how you react to failure/disappointment & maybe they want to hear you tell a few stories about that sort of thing and how you overcame them.

She may ask about some eligibility type things (citizenship status).

I would be very surprised if you get a tech question.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't figure I would get any technical questions. I was just surprised to get the phone call. Well she still hasn't called back. She must have gotten tied up with something. She asked if I was available tomorrow I told her I wouldn't be off work at my current job until after she had already left hers for today. I offered if she wanted to speak now I could do that. She said yes actually let me finish something up and I will call you back in about 10 mins. That was 30 mins ago. Hope that is not a bad sign
  • Options
    She called back. Lasted about a half hour. She grilled me with a bunch of personal questions I didn't get asked in the in person interview. Went really well anyway. She wants to attempt to contact references tomorrow and will be emailing me an actual application since I have only used my resume. All good signs!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jws86 wrote: »
    She called back. Lasted about a half hour. She grilled me with a bunch of personal questions I didn't get asked in the in person interview. Went really well anyway. She wants to attempt to contact references tomorrow and will be emailing me an actual application since I have only used my resume. All good signs!

Wow actually contacting references? lol, I didn't know people followed through on that.

Good signs I would say, good luck!
  • Options
    --chris-- wrote: »
    Wow actually contacting references? lol, I didn't know people followed through on that.

Good signs I would say, good luck!

Yeah she didn't seem to concerned with contacting all 3. I have a guy on there that is a lead man where I work that I have worked with for 8 years. That is probably who she will contact.