How can I use a voucher to schedule the exam?

roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
As I said in the title, how can I use a voucher to schedule the Net+ exam? I saw it is possible to use a voucher from ProfessorMesser site:

Discounted CompTIA Vouchers | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Technology Training

I have to schedule the exam by using the pearson vue site, but before that do I have to "buy" the exam through CompTIA Marketplace

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you go through the pearsonvue site to schedule and pay for your exam, you can input a voucher code. I did this for two of my exams when I found them for a better price on one of the other websites... I think it was getcertified4less.com.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Buy the voucher from Professor Messer (or whever you want it from) and then use the voucher/code they give you when you register/schedule the exam. That'll "waive" the cost of the exam on the scheduling site.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Buy the voucher from Professor Messer (or whever you want it from) and then use the voucher/code they give you when you register/schedule the exam. That'll "waive" the cost of the exam on the scheduling site.

Ok, thanks! So, if I understood well:
    1. I buy the exam on the Comptia Marketplace (for example) and there I have to insert the voucher AAA from Professor Messer site.
    2. I obtain a new voucher BBB.
    3. I schedule the exam through the PearsonVue site by using the previous voucher BBB (resetting the exam cost).
    Is it correct?
  • roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to buy the voucher through the ComptiaMarketPlace but without success!! It's incredible how the shopping process is hard!
    1. I registered on ComptiaMarketPlace (for Europe market): CompTIA Marketplace
    2. There, I tried to buy the voucher by inserting my coupon from ProfessorMesser.com but the site showed me an error

Important Notice: To receive the CompTIA member discount, you must be a Corporate Member of CompTIA. If you have not already done so, validate your CompTIA Corporate Member ID. Once your Member ID has been validated (which may take up to 24 hours), your purchases will be eligible for the discount.

You may not use your Membership discount to achieve a discount AND use a coupon to achieve a discount at the same time, (e.g., login as a member and use a coupon on the same transaction). If you try to do so, the Marketplace will reject the order. To summarize, only one discount may be used for any order. It is recommended that you read these instructions in their entirety before your first purchase.

These step-by-step instructions will help you to validate your CompTIA Corporate Member ID on this website.

So, I created a new account on the Comptia website in order to obtain this MemberID... But, after the registration I didn't get any MemberID! If I understood well, it is possible to have a MemberID only if you are a Corporate Member (paying 250 usd per year icon_silent.gif!!!!)! Ridiculous!!

Can someone help me?? Maybe... Am I wrong?