Options

CCNA Exam December

my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
Hey everybody,

I have been reading previous posts and a lot of people are taking their CCNA exam on December...I am planning to take CCNA on December too..but the date is not confirm..but definately want to take on Dec..SO far ,my results are always between 70 - 80 % on Practice exams.Do you guys think that it is too risky or should i do really intense study to take on the exam this Dec.
What do you guys think?
My materials are Cisco Press,Sybex 5ed and Fast Past..

Before ending this post.would love to know about your preparation for the exam for those who is goin to take on Dec!!!

Comments

• Options
    arisenarisen Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you shouldn't take the exam until you're 100% ready. To me, that means you should be scoring near enough 100% on practice exams. I read somewhere that you should expect your actual exam scores to drop by up to 10% on the day from stress, nerves etc. Which would put you on around 90%, just 5% over the pass mark.

If you are at the 80% mark now, you may be able to get yourself nearer 100% with a months intense study, depends on how much time you have to devote. But whatever happens, don't take it till you're ready!

Just my opinion, good luck!
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    I backup arisen
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    Hey..thanks arisen and sv..do you think i should take the two papers or one...There are alot of debate back here saying 640-801 is harder then 640-811/821.But then..i heard from others saying the other two is harder..What do you think...i have no experience except i have studied for N+..
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    Be 100% ready. Take all of those tests till you can't stand to look at them again, and then take them some more. Look up every single answer you get wrong AND the ones you got right but you know you guessed.

As for one v. two tests... If you are ready and know it all NOW take the one. If you have been studying for the two tests seperately, then you probably should continue down that road.
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just a question to you guys. I have been studying for CCNA since long time now and can solve most of the questions. But i have not tried it under time pressure. Can you guys advise me how can i get some CCNA Tests which resemble the real test and has some simulation questions in it and is time bounded.
    For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    If your budget is a bit flexible, Transcender's CCNA practice exams would be your best choice. They have everything you get on the test (with different questions, of course;) ). If not, then if you have Lammle's book, you should use the accompanying CertSims.

There are CCNA practice exams on this site as well.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    patelharipatelhari Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think u shold prepare for 100% and i agree to those people who said this and i m planning to give exam before 25th so all centers are open. i m using sybex and boson sim and i m getting 96 to 98% of marks but one of my friend said i must do some practice but i think i should attend the exam now instead of waiting coz after this i have to start ccnp and i will depend on sim question in the exam. i have good preparation for this and if i will have two then i would be happy.

I told to my friend let me fail one time so i will pass next time otherwise it will take more and more time. :D
    I like to play around with 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000
  • Options
    theDavetheDave Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using the Sybex study guide/simulator(deluxe edition), along with the CCNA intro/ICND books for in-depth explanation of certain techniques that will be on the CCNA exam, as well as all the subnetting questions and flashcards. i am also enrolled in a couple of routing/switching classes to get some hands-on experience. so far, i have taken some practice exams, and have scored anywhere between 50 and 90 percent on most areas. i don't plan on taking the CCNA anytime soon.. i have also found out (the hard way) not to look into too many ways of subnetting! stick to one that works for you, and learn all the CIDR's and how to multiply by 16.i will more likely take the exam next year(maybe march or april, depends on how much information i can absorb). then it's on to CCDA.. then after that i will think about my CCDP! :D
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all the great advices.It is really been a great help.Do share more about your preparation for the exam!!!

I am still goin thru all my books...again...i reread twice for my sybex and cisco press books...doin a lot of practice on this site...and as well as other free questions out there on the web!!!

Guys,do you think reading the book over and over again will help?or should i just focus on the part that i dont understand but i am a bit worried that i will forget about the other topics that i have studied...