Options

Passed SSCP!

bonfirebonfire Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Been a lurker here for a long time...great site and forums! This is my first post...I passed the SSCP exam a couple of weeks ago!icon_cheers.gif Self studied for it, as I did a couple of months ago for the CompTIA Security+ exam which I also passed. Working my way backwards somewhat, as I already had passed the CEH and CPT exams last year. I work in the field of Cyber Security, and I'm contemplating what cert(s) to go after next... I currently have CEH, CPT, CEPT, ECSA, LPT, Sec+, and the SSCP is pending (should hopefully be very beginning of June once approved).

I do plan to go for the OSCP probably this fall. I'm tossing around the idea of CCNA and/or Network+ and/or Linux+ and/or ??? who knows what else...?
Saw some recommendations I think on this site and others for the Securitytube Python scripting course to help prepare for the OSCP. But regarding the next cert...still not too sure what to go for next (maybe summer-ish)...

Comments

• Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Do you plan on taking the CISSP in the future?
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP! You know you want it!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like the others have said, I would go for CISSP.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP!

From what I experienced and have seen, it takes about 2 weeks from your endorsement submission to get a response.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    bonfirebonfire Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! Yes, the CISSP is definitely on my radar as well. I was figuring on pursuing that one a bit more on the longer term, maybe sometime later next year. For shorter term goals, was looking at some of those others possibly.

2 weeks from the endorsement submission? That's not too bad! Considering they say 6 weeks, so maybe I'll get word much sooner than I thought then.