Options

CISSP hopeful experience question

MacDonalsMacDonals Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am just starting my process towards the CISSP and have a few questions about the experience expectations. the ISC2 leaves this requirement a bit open-ended it seems.

I have a MS in CIS w/ a focus on Security. I have been working in IT for 14 years, hold an A+ and an MCP. I am confident in my experience and that it qualifies for the 4 years required of me, and I have secured an endorsement. My question is, how much detail are you required to go into to qualify for the certification? I mean, it seems ridiculous if I have to tally up all my qualifying time, project by project. Is it that extreme?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I submitted my résumé/endorsement, I made sure I put the dates on my résumé next to each position and also quantified it in months just to make it obvious for them.

My work was pretty in line with the CBK so I didn't really have to reword or revise it.

Your MS should waive 1 of the 5 years so you only need 48 months.

https://www.isc2.org/cissp-how-to-certify.aspx
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna