Options

ICDN1 (CCENT) Pass

mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
About 4 weeks of studying, good pass. Test was a decent challenge, was a bit nervous until I got to the end. I skimmed through Todd Lammle's CCENT book, but read the CramExam CCENT book more in-depth, which I feel was a better book (felt the same way for Network+ as well).

The simulators I used were where I gained most of my knowledge. I used Packet Tracer, Pearson's CCENT Simulator (awesome tool, tons of labs that really do help you learn), and the one that helped the most near the end of my studying was one that someone else mentioned on here before -- Boson's Exam Environment. Trust me; get this lab simulator if you're studying for CCENT and you want a good idea of what to expect.

So far that's 2 vendor certs along with CompTIA Security+, Network+ and now Cisco CCENT for 2014.

Comments

• Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! What's next?
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure what's next. Honestly, I've already started reading and studying for ICDN2 so I can achieve my CCNA, but I don't have a rack/lab at home and quite frankly I cannot really afford one (maybe if I buy a cheap package off eBay). I'm 22 so I'm not quite making enough to be able to afford all the extra study materials, but my lab simulators / software I have should help me get by for now. I have some routers and switches in the office to lab with as well.

ICDN2 seems pretty tough but I think I can do it. Just going to study a lot longer for it than I did for ICDN1. Afterward I'm either going to dive into OSCP or CEH. CEH first probably because it's definitely much easier and more recognized, OSCP for the amount of knowledge you gain.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Yeah, I recommend the Boson, also.. Definately worth the money
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mfrat1114 wrote: »
    Not sure what's next. Honestly, I've already started reading and studying for ICDN2 so I can achieve my CCNA, but I don't have a rack/lab at home and quite frankly I cannot really afford one (maybe if I buy a cheap package off eBay). I'm 22 so I'm not quite making enough to be able to afford all the extra study materials, but my lab simulators / software I have should help me get by for now. I have some routers and switches in the office to lab with as well.

ICDN2 seems pretty tough but I think I can do it. Just going to study a lot longer for it than I did for ICDN1. Afterward I'm either going to dive into OSCP or CEH. CEH first probably because it's definitely much easier and more recognized, OSCP for the amount of knowledge you gain.

Home labs are nice but you don't need them for CCNA. They are helpful for learning but don't feel like you can't do it without one. There are lots of different methods of studying just use what you can.

Good Luck and Great Job!
  • Options
    TinahumzaTinahumza Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey i passed too Congrats my question i have for people is Vue Authenticate - i am confused on my status shows my picture ID with the information on the left and says "passed" so does that mean its "VALID"?? also for the Cert Tracker how long does it take to get there this is my 1st Cisco Exam and i just recently yesterday made my Cisco Account .
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I believe they tell you 3weeksish? Not sure.
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63