Options

Small question about OSPF RID

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
OK so this is the situation: I have a neighbor configured with a manual RID. I remove that manual input and it resorts to a loopback for the RID. When I remove that loopback, I go to the other router and clear the ip ospf process, but it still uses that same loopback as the RID, even though it doesn't exist anymore and it doesn't fall back onto the next loopback available. Any way to fix that?
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Probably a stupid question, but did you clear the OSPF processes on both sides?
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After playing around with it, I had originally cleared both of them, but not in a harmonious manner. I cleared them at the near exact same time and it worked. Thanks for the help!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []