Options

Best study materials to use to ensure I pass?

Micky73Micky73 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a newbie coming into the CompTIA A+. What is the best way for me to study and prepare for the exam (and pass it, of course)? Thanks everyone, I know there are a ton of resources out there and I need some direction! icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Experience.

Sort of that, practice with old hardware/software.

download the objectives from CompTIA
    A text like Mike Meyers ALl in one and/ Sybex a+
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Micky73Micky73 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What about Professor Messer videos? I need more guidance than just one text. Thanks!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    And that is why I recommended two texts plus the objectives.

Meyers, Sybex and objectives,

You likely need more experience...so set up a lab or such and practice.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    michaelphanmichaelphan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Meyer's AIO book and Messer's video. The practice exams that came with the book really helped since the format was very similar to the actual exam. The practice exam broke down my results into areas that I needed to focus on. From there, I would re-read chapters in the book or watch Messer's video. Good luck!
  • Options
    sayedhamdanisayedhamdani Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Do you recommend any practice lab questions book, So I could prepare for performance based questions.
    I would really appreciate any info.

Thank You.
  • Options
    dixonbainbridgedixonbainbridge Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Do you recommend any practice lab questions book, So I could prepare for performance based questions.
    I would really appreciate any info.

Thank You.

I'm after exactly the same!

I sat the 802 last Friday. About an eigth of the questions were performance based, which I unfortunately hadn't prepared for at all!

Any suggestions would also be most appreciated by myself.

Cheers!