Options

74-409 Exam difficulty/advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Forum!

I am taking my 74-409 this coming Friday May 16th. Without breaking any NDA's, what would you recommend for testing? I am using the following:

1. MVA videos for Server visualization Hyper-V
2. Windows Server 2012 R2 for playing around

also, is this certification considered a "beta" exam and does this constitute as Microsoft's charter certification?

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are several postings on this site in which many of us have provided recommended links to study. This post is the most organized and has good information http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/98533-74-409-helpful-info.html
  • Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In fairness....

I've sat through the 13 hours of MVA videos
    Made about 15+ pages of notes to go with that
    Pulled down and labbed about 8-10 of virtual labs
    Downloaded Hyper V and done some VMs labs in that + mirrored some of the MVA course
    About to study all the powerpoints for the MVA’s several times

And yet I still dont feel confident!

Seems to have hundreds of tiny setting here there and everywhere that Im trying to remember.......

GOOD LUCK THOUGH
  • Options
    thawkththawkth Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So how did it go? :)
  • Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did mine today and to be honest even though I've done about 40-50 hours worth total study I found this a real bi-atch and didn't think I would pass I for the first 90 mins.

The MVA course and notes alone are simply not enough ( I've been doing general IT for nearly 18 years ) but covered about 60% of what I had on exam. You should do quite a lot of labbing and youtube/technet demos to really help. Good concept understanding and judgement go along way too.

Got 725 - That says Im proficient but no expert!
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Working with these technologies on a daily basis made the exam infinitely easier.