Options

Passed 802, I'm A+ certified!

UltimasUltimas Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys. Passed the exam today and I'm now certified (waiting on the certmetric website to update is grinding my gears right now icon_rolleyes.gif).

icon_study.gif I used:
Exam Cram - David Prowse
Exam Cram Practice Questions - David Prowse
Rapid Review - Darrill Gibson
Professor Messer A+ Training

****Removed content that violates NDA***

All of the training I used was great. The Exam Cram Practice Questions book came with practice test software which got me into the test-taking mode last night.

Professor Messer is the man, and though I used the free stuff this time I will definitely buy one of his study courses in the future (it will be worth every penny).

The Rapid Review book from Darril is great material to look over while sitting down right before test time (I always try to arrive early and get one last review) because of the way it is formatted and written.

All in all not that hard if you study well and use all the materials available to you.

Comments

• Options
    meinslameinsla Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just finished my 802 as well and I completely agree with your suggestions. *** removed content which violates agreement ****

For those getting ready to take the exam, I mostly used Professer Messer's videos. He covers a lot of topics in these videos.
    Desired certs: Security+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSA Server 2016
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome work! Are you applying for new positions now?
  • Options
    IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOOT!!!! Congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    :study:
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats everyone!
    N2IT wrote: »
    Awesome work! Are you applying for new positions now?

Nope. I'm going to pursue more certs for the time being. My job is enjoyable and I have good co-workers. I have the Windows 7 MCSA in my sights now. Hoping to take 70-680 by the end of the month.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Nice work.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    sayedhamdanisayedhamdani Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, And I am planning to take my test after 2 weeks from now,

Exam Cram - David Prowse

Which one of these materials helped you most in passing the exam ?

Please let me know,
    Thanks.
  • Options
    michaelphanmichaelphan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats!

What's next?
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats and all the best with your 70-680
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great start, congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass, And I am planning to take my test after 2 weeks from now,

Exam Cram - David Prowse

Which one of these materials helped you most in passing the exam ?

Please let me know,
    Thanks.

I used Exam Cram the least because I bought it as an eBook (totally not ever buying an eBook again to study technology), for what it was worth David Prowse writes in a way that makes the material easy to grasp.

Rapid Review and Professor Messor are essential to anybody going for the A+ cert IMO. Just study hard and arrive 30 minutes to an hour before your test with the Rapid Review in hand (make sure you have your weak areas highlighted, marked, whatever to make it easier to run through the book efficiently without rushing).

Practice Questions are great for me because I get more in the test taking mode.

TL:DR version: Get the Rapid Review and watch Professor Messor (which is free). Study until you are comfortable though, schedule your exams on two different days.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    meinslameinsla Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What specifically did I write that violated the NDA? I am aware of what I can and cannot say and I have been pretty careful when it comes to posting so I am curious what was actually said, hasn't really been that long but I tend to have a bad memory.
    Desired certs: Security+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSA Server 2016