Options

Seeking Guidance - CISSP / CISA

SRISSRIS Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Friends,

I have around 2 years of experience in Information Security Domain and a MS in Cyber Law and Information Security.
I am looking forward for a certification to enhance my career growth.
I am really confused about which certification to choose among CISA / CISSP.
Would really appreciate any suggestions from you guys to make an informed choice about which certification to work towards.

Thank You in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need two more years of experience to be fully qualified for the CISSP credential. If you were to take and pass the exam, you would be an Associate of (ISC)2 for CISSP until you got all of the required experience for the full credential. The CISA also requires that you have five years of experience. Your MS degree would help shave some of that time off but it appears that you would need more experience for that credential as well. ISACA allows you to waive up to three years, if you meet the requirements. Based on your certifications listed, it seems like the CISA would be a good choice for you to ultimately obtain.

Which do you feel would benefit your career the most? That may be the simpler way to answer this question for your specific situation. You could always get both!
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    SRISSRIS Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Jonnyg.
    Apologies for replying so late.
    After some introspection I think CISA can be my immediate goal while CISSP can be taken up maybe 1-2 years down the line.
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISA and/or CISM will suit you well.