ACMT as of today

drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
Place I work is replacing field devices with iPads, so I decided to take the opportunity to work towards my ACMT. It was a lot tougher than I thought. Only managed 90%.

Thank glob I didn't have to pay for training!

ETA: got the 2nd cert out of the way, too. 95%!

Woo!

Comments

• izzyiz426izzyiz426 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    was the 9l0-011 difficult? what resources did you use? how often did you study and what did you use to study with (hardware)...

and the same goes for (9l0-065)

thank you very much
  • OllieACMTOllieACMT Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi izzyiz426,
    I completed the ACMT certification within a week of studying Apple's official training resources.
    This was on GSX (Global Service Exchange) but is available through ATLAS if you purchase AppleCare Technician Training.
    Both 9L0-011 & 9L0-065 can be easily passed using the resources available through AppleCare Technician Training as a lot of the answers are (were for me anyway!) nearly written for you in the training.
    I was working for an APSP at the time on Work Experience and completed the exam to show that I was dedicated to working with Apple products and paid for it myself.
    The troubleshooting exam requires a fairly decent understanding of OS X Mavericks, so anything capable of running this is great in terms of hardware required.
    The service exam was a lot harder than I expected but I achieved a pass at 97% using the Apple Resources.
    The troubleshooting exam I only just managed to pass even with access to the training as a lot of the stuff in there I didn't even know 10.9 could do! So I should've prepared more for as I got a pass at 80% - Only just passed!
    One of the things they take really seriously in the hardware exam which is understandable is the ESD Precautions section. I believe this requires 4/5 questions to pass (I'm not entirely sure) or you fail anyway.

Thanks,
    Ollie.
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been looking at this. They require a certain percentage to pass (I think 80%, but don't hold me to it) but they require you to make 100% on the battery parts or something like that. I remember reading something about it, but I can't find it now.
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    izzyiz426 wrote: »
    was the 9l0-011 difficult? what resources did you use? how often did you study and what did you use to study with (hardware)...

and the same goes for (9l0-065)

thank you very much

Wow. I'm an asshat. I forgot about posting here.

The tests that I took were all technically "open book" , but the time to question ratio means that you are better off studying than relying on the course materials. Only thing I used were the materials provided by apple. All I did was pore over the material for a few hours a day.

Surprisingly, I used no apple hardware to study with. In fact, it was all moot, because up until I left that job, I never worked on an apple device.
  • PorteñoPorteño Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]I'm preparing the ACMT 2016 Mac Service Certification Exam (MAC-16A)[/FONT] [FONT=Myriad Set, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]with the online course provided by Apple trough the Atlas portal. First of all, the registration process is tedious and confusing, they sent me a little box with the code by mail (do they really need to waste money and paper on a code?) and then i realize i needed to open another account(gmx account) for being able to buy the examen after i finish the course, i did that, but then again i couldn't sync the course with this "tech id"... why? because i didn't use a corporate email on the process...[/FONT]

[FONT=Myriad Set, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Anyhow, I'm studying right now, trying to be ready for the test and pass(my employer pay for everything, obviously ONLY IF I PASS). Besides the online material, can somebody recommend any textbook? sometimes i study on my way to work when i commute but is impossible to do it online since i lost reception underground.

I found this text, kinda pricey, and i'm not sure if its worth it.

[/FONT][h=1]Managing Apple Devices: Deploying and Maintaining iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan Devices[/h]
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCZFLEG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=6B6QVFXCSW3F&coliid=I3RVK7MR6D2OPQ
  • zdravkozdravko Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you know where I can find ATLAS study guide in PDF format.
    Do I need to purchase ATLAS AppleCare if I want to study for ACMT.

I can't find any material for this exam. icon_sad.gif
  • Gr3yH@tt3rGr3yH@tt3r Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zdravko wrote: »
    Do you know where I can find ATLAS study guide in PDF format.
    Do I need to purchase ATLAS AppleCare if I want to study for ACMT.

I can't find any material for this exam. icon_sad.gif

Yes I'm afraid you need to purchase the training before you can access it through ATLAS
  • zdravkozdravko Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    but to take the exams no need for ATLAS, also IT Support Professionals application for iOS/MacOS have all the questions.