Is it possible to recertify Network+ after expiration?

FreddyIWFreddyIW Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
If I let my Network+ expires, then one day I want to get my CCNA, can I enroll in the continuing education program for my Net+ so that I can recertify Net+ using CCNA?

Comments

• volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Network+ isn't a prerequisite for the CCNA.
  • FreddyIWFreddyIW Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    volume wrote: »
    The Network+ isn't a prerequisite for the CCNA.

You got me wrong. What I meant is that I want to renew my Net+ cert by getting a CCNA as shown in this link: CE Program: Renewing Through Other Certifications
    The thing is, can I renew it that way if my Net+ cert has expired?
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So are you on a three year cert now and in the education program? Assuming you have a three year cert and not the lifetime, you have three years from your receipt of the cert to renew via the education program. I originally had a lifetime Sec+, but I was forced to enroll in the CE program. Thankfully. I didn't have to renew till three years from me enrolling, so I just got my CCNA Sec to renew it. Just make sure you do it before it expires. Net+ will definitely help you in getting the CCNA.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • FreddyIWFreddyIW Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So are you on a three year cert now and in the education program? Assuming you have a three year cert and not the lifetime, you have three years from your receipt of the cert to renew via the education program. I originally had a lifetime Sec+, but I was forced to enroll in the CE program. Thankfully. I didn't have to renew till three years from me enrolling, so I just got my CCNA Sec to renew it. Just make sure you do it before it expires. Net+ will definitely help you in getting the CCNA.

I see.. So I have to get my CCNA before my Net+ expires in order to renew it right?
    That's what I want to know. Thx :)