Options

UNC MBA - Kenan Flagler

Big-JJBig-JJ Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have been considering getting an mba.

How's UNC's reputation?...is it a reputable school?

I am currently living in Canada...so I don't know how well-known its mba is in US.

Thank you always..
MBA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, PMP

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is there a reason you're not considering mcgill, rothman, ivy etc...
    In Canada they'd hold more weight than just about any American program outside the top 10.
  • Options
    Big-JJBig-JJ Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are correct. and I thought the same way too.

Those schools don't have distance learning option...I can't quit my job considering my age.
    MBA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, PMP
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I do know from my research that the UNC MBA distance program is like $95k. Or at least it was last time I checked, it is fairly new though. They are well known and reputable here in the US. They have the #19 ranked MBA program according to US News, here Best Business School Rankings | MBA Program Rankings | US News. Now that ranking is generally for "full-time" MBA programs, however schools on that list that have distance programs, when the degree is conferred, it does not state anywhere that its online and its the same degree that the on campus full-time students receive. However be prepared if a potential employer asks you what the experience was like.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kenan Flager is a top 20 b-school. One of my good friend's graduated from there 5 years ago...he's doing real well. Its not an easy school/program to get into. Your GMAT scores need to be on point
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For a list of additional AACSB accredited schools, goto geteducated.com
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Athabasca is the only one that is known out here for distance.