Options

Demand Dial Q

Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
Can someone please let me know if i am setting things up correctly here? Have two servers with RRAS set up (also LAN and demand dial enabled); backup and primary. My configuration is as follows:

Primary Server:
demand dial interface = backup
user credentials = primary
static route = IP of backup network

Backup Server:
demand dial interface = primary
user credentials = backup
static route = IP of primary netwok

Sitting this exam in a week and need to confirm this. Have a limited lab to play about with a home so jus trying to ensure i correctly configured this. The problem is that when i right click on the either interface to connect to the other i always get the following error:

error: username and/or password is incorrect in the domain
I thought this was set up correctly. Jus using it to connect over a VPN

Also i read on the help that after you configure demand dialing you must also create the accounts in active directory?why would this be the case if they have already been created. Any help appreciated :D

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The credentials for primary must exist at backup and vice versa. The following is a link to a good example at microsoft.com:

icon_arrow.gifDemand-dial routing example
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    thanks for the reply, yeah i think i understand the theory jus dont understand why it dont work lol im probably stupid!! i try to connect from the primary server (interface called backup) to the backup server (interface called primary) but no luck. checked the credentials on the primary server and the credentials match the opposite interface!!think my head is fried with this exam lol not looking forward to it. thanks for ur link :D