Options

Stanley CC Class May - July 2014

2»

Comments

• Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    so has anyone been enroled on the vmware site? does anyone know how much the exam will cost us? - how are you guys getting on? so far i have watched all the videos and catching up with the labs
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    swefredswefred Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    craigaaron wrote: »
    so has anyone been enroled on the vmware site? does anyone know how much the exam will cost us? - how are you guys getting on? so far i have watched all the videos and catching up with the labs

I am enrolled sins before sins I have taken the VCA-DCV cert.
    Cost is unknown to me

Currently I am stuck at the impossible task of installing flash without internet access. Any hints?
    Update: Or I could just try Firefox...

I find the exercises very easy so far sins I have a 5.5u1 lab at home where I have setup everything from scratch with minted ssl certs and so on. I plan to buy a intel NUC just so I can be able to use Vmware update manager.

I cant imagine anyone would be able to pass the exam if they only take this class.
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2 weeks down, 6 to go
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello All:
    Just a quick note. After the initial quiz as the introductory assignment, there are no module quizzes. Students are to read the course material, view the videos, and complete the labs in the order given by the instructor. At any time you have a question, you should feel free to contact your instructor for help
  • Options
    ospf_neighbor_downospf_neighbor_down Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Students are to read the course material, view the videos, and complete the labs in the order given by the instructor.

Does that mean we cannot work ahead in the labs? I finished all the labs in the first week. Now I am about halfway through the videos.
  • Options
    You can always study ahead. If there is anything that you cannot yet see in the course, just contact your instructor for help.
    Does that mean we cannot work ahead in the labs? I finished all the labs in the first week. Now I am about halfway through the videos.
  • Options
    MagnumRPMagnumRP Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does this mean that the only thing we have to do to pass the course is watch the videos and do the labs? Once we are finished doing this, we just wait until the class ends, and that information is sent to VMware?
  • Options
    The goal of the course is for you to learn the material in order to pass the certification exam. At this time most of the instructors do not have quizzes set in their online course. However, students are required to read the course material, watch the videos, and complete all of the required labs. All of these are important aspects of the course. For instance in the written text, highlighted portions indicated as "Notes" are often certification exam topics. The videos are helpful in understanding the material, and the labs provide important hands-on learning. I hope this helps.
    MagnumRP wrote: »
    Does this mean that the only thing we have to do to pass the course is watch the videos and do the labs? Once we are finished doing this, we just wait until the class ends, and that information is sent to VMware?