Options

Block content in explorer

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Has anyone ever solved this problem, to enable explorer to show active comtent from files in my computer you alter the setting in the advanced tab in explorer properties, yes done that.

But it only works when logged in as administrator, that setting is not in the GPO so what could be stopping it? Its contradictory

Please help

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Not really sure what ur meaning?? icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Are you sure it is not in GPO? Find a reg change.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

For those who did not understand my problem

By default and thanks to SP2 any content running inside explorer running from My Computer (any local disc) it is blocked and you get a yellow bar on top of screen that you have to right click to allow blocked content.

This setting can be changed in explorer properties advanced tab in security "allow active content to run in files on my computer". There is no GPO setting for this but there is a registry edit file you can run.

Problem is i have enabled active content to run in files on my computer when i am logged in as administrator but when i log into the same machine as a test user i get the yellow bar again, even though there is no setting in the GPO how is this possible

Hope that explains it better

Any help or suggestions please

Lee H
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that when you change the security settings you are doing it only for the profile you are in. Have you tried changing it in the other profile?

Me, I am happy with the default settings as it stops lots of crap getting loaded on my clients machines.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007