Options

Keith Barker CBT Nuggets

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
I've used his videos for Cisco stuff and saw he was some for CBK. Has anyone used his videos to prepare for CISSP and what are your thoughts?
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been using them thanks to a corporate account. I like them simply because in addition to reading I also have a 2nd way to learn a domain. It also comes with transcender quiz engine which I also use. Both are part of my study plans.

If you like / appricate visual learing this is great because he draws out a lot.

Gene
  • Options
    bigdummybigdummy Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently watched the Keith Barker CISSP course. My impression is that it was somewhat helpful, but nowhere near as in depth as the study guides I'm using (Eric Conrad & Sybex). Seems like he hit on several topics, but also left out an equal number of topics.

I do like Keith as a trainer and have used his other CBT Nuggets series to help obtain my CCNA Security. But I don't think this series is as good as his Cisco stuff.

So it might be a nice supplement to other study materials, but no way would I make it your principle source of information.
  • Options
    TripleDESTripleDES Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also watched the CISSP series and thought the videos were well done. I second that it doesn't nearly contain the breadth of material needed for a CISSP candidate.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're better off with the older edition of cissp cbt nugget. Keith's nugget is so lacking it's not funny.
  • Options
    ahmedshettaahmedshetta Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my suggestion to you is to begin studying for each CBK from keith barker to have like general overview of the domain, and then start reading from the book
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i watched a few of the vidoes then stopped... There is no way you can cover an entire domain in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I watched his video and they are nowhere as in depth as any of the readings from SH or EC or Sybex ... However, I do have to say the biggest thing that I came out of them are to think in a mangers perspective ... All my readings all pushed this thought, however, it really didn't click until some of the examples he provided on "how a manager" would answer as opposed to a tech.

I also found they they helped a little in drilling in some of the ideas that I quite didn't get ... not that I understood them after watching his videos, but rather it gave a different perspective on the topics.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Shon Harris AIO 6th Ed and ISC2 CBK 3rd Ed are my main study materials. From these responses I think I may skip the nuggets lol.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Call. I watched videos in the beginning but this exam is all about reading, reading, reading .... :)
  • Options
    iknowit2iknowit2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on watching them this week. I figured if the company is paying for them why not? Transender exams will be helpful too.