Options

PASSED 20th May 2014

snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the test today. I can't believe its over.

Study Material

AIO Shon Harris : This book rocks read cover to cover 3 times. (This book is intimidating but with focus and perseverance you can finish this :))
Eric Conrad : Cover to Cover 5 times (Good Book but exam require additional reading not a sufficient source)
Eric Conrad 11th Hour (read the last day of exam)
CISSP For Dummies (Read for half hour there are lot of wrong things in this book)

Practice Test:

CCCURE (PAID) - Only good to test your knowledge.
StudioScope (One test) - Waste of Money
SSi Logic Practice Test - Average same as cccure
CISSP PRactice Exam Shon Harris - Excellent Source
McGraw Questions - Excellent Source

CBT CISSP Nuggets

NIST SP (Took Advice from The CISSP Certification Experience: My Study Plan - TechExams.net IT Certification Blogs)

SP 800-12
An Introduction to Computer Security

SP 800-14
Generally Accepted Principles and Practices for Securing Information Technology Systems

SP 800-30
Risk Management

SP 800-34
Contingency Planning Guide for Information Technology Systems

SP 800-86
Guide to Integrating Forensic Techniques into Incident Response

SP 800-100
Information Security Handbook: A Guide for Managers

SP 800-115
Information Security Testing and Assessment

On-line RESOURCES

The CISSP Certification Experience: My Study Plan - TechExams.net IT Certification Blogs
This Website Rocks. I would really thank members for sharing study resources.

EXAM IMPRESSION

The exam is tough. You need to study understand the concepts. Don't think too deep about the questions think from high level perspective. Apply common sense + security sense :). There are mix bag of questions some simple and some requiring implementing the knowledge.

I thought i failed but can't believe i passed.

Comments

• Options
    Missed One Resource :

Exam Cram CISSP Practice Questions - Very Good
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job and congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience and resources with us. Was the test like you thought it'd be like?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Could you share some thoughts on what sort of questions did you get and what CISSP candidates should focus and not focus on?
    If you can PM me, that would be great. Thanks.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    I cannot share specific details but I would say the test was fair. Each question require thinking and application of security principles. Each and every word is there for a reason so read the questions carefully. After reading this forum and other blogs i was mentally prepared to see questions which won't be straight forward and will require in depth understanding on concepts.