Options

No wonder the value of our certifications is going down...

Did anyone else catch Fig 8 in Cermag's latest salery survey? Brain **** have over 17% and beat E-learning, Flash Cards, Internet Groups, and videos as an "extremely or very valuable" preparation method?

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
There's no place like ^$
Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog

Comments

• Options
    Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    who uses flash cards these days? videos...don't see many of those around.....e-learning..no clue what that is.....internet groups..never found any internet groups
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Crucio666 wrote:
    who uses flash cards these days? videos...don't see many of those around.....e-learning..no clue what that is.....internet groups..never found any internet groups
    It's not unrare that I read posts here from people who create flash cards to memorize tidbits like portnumbers. E-learning is basically taking a CBT/ virtual course online. And I assume Internet Groups refer to newgroups and discussion forums like the one you just posted at. icon_wink.gif

17.1 %, and that's only those who found them "extremely or very valuable"... the actually percentage of users will be much more shocking. From a more positive perspective, I'm very happy with the top 3.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think Crucio66 was being sarcastic!!!
    But then again maybe not, because the Webmaster is always right even when he's wrong! icon_lol.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doesn't surprise me. I work with a technical lead who thought it would be a good idea to setup all these new network printers to use DHCP with NO reservations and no exclusion of the server IP addresses. Took him 2 days to call us and have us work it out in 5 minutes!

And here is the killer.........

This guy is MCSE 2000!!!!!

He also was unsure of the consequences of pulling out a network cable out of a server.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    strauchr wrote:
    Doesn't surprise me. I work with a technical lead who thought it would be a good idea to setup all these new network printers to use DHCP with NO reservations and no exclusion of the server IP addresses. Took him 2 days to call us and have us work it out in 5 minutes!

He also was unsure of the consequences of pulling out a network cable out of a server.

wooowwwww, man icon_wink.gif a technical lead with MCSE? come on?! maybe he had too many problems back in his house, dont you think?
    heheheheee, nop - just joking - no offense folks :D
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212

I wouldnt be too harsh on the guy, he may of forgotten some of his training/studying, i suffer from this so i always have my books on my desk should i find something im stuck on and refresh myself, not everything sticks in my mind since the exams as i dont deal with them problems on a daily basis. But untill i get into a 100% AD network ill still be going to my books as my main netowrk is Novel at the moment. If he was a brain dumper then he should of been sacked along time ago.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Microsoft has tech notes for a reason.

When you deal with support on the phone all they are doing is looking at one tech note to another...

Its impossible to remember things that you don't do on a regular basis.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah but I'm talking basics, stuff that should be automatic in your head, especially if your the technical lead!!!
  • Options
    SeekethJesusSeekethJesus Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whats wrong with flash cards?
    The thirst for knowledge accompanies the minds that move history...
    -Christian Fisher

1. Love God, 2. Love people... The rest really just takes care of itself.
    -Christian Fisher