Passed!!!

dimeifieddimeified Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Like one of the other guys, I felt a momentary wave of panic when presented with the interactive part of the test, but still i persevered. I used the professor messer videos, and exam cram book and sheet to study. I got an 815. My previous experience has been setting up countless endpoint devices in office buildings, data centers, and idf/mdf's with punchdown blocks, etc, but i never got into programming routing or switching before. Rather than say what topics I studied (because i studied them all) I'd like to say what topics motivated my interests to study. Learning about RFC1918 was one of the more satisfying experiences of my network+ quest. If your like me and have the A+ cert and set up countless home routers and maybe you use a computer at work and checked its IP and wonder why it is what it is, RFC1918 will explain it. Broadcast domains, CIDR, subnetting, and wireless standards were very satisfying topics to finally understand, they answered a world of questions for me. I would like to recommend subnettingquestions.com. You can sit there for days and challenge your binary calculations to be sure you have a firm understanding of CIDR/subnetting before taking the test. It greatly boosted my confidence, regardless of how much that topic weighed or how many questions there were (and no im not affiliated).

Comments

• DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you have any intentions of studying for another certification now that you have Network+ out of the way?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • dimeifieddimeified Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks! I was going to go for CCNA since i've spent the last 3 months submerged in the network+ subject matter. After CCNA depending on employment situation, Server+ and Security+ to renew my Net+ creds.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dimeified wrote: »
    thanks! I was going to go for CCNA since i've spent the last 3 months submerged in the network+ subject matter. After CCNA depending on employment situation, Server+ and Security+ to renew my Net+ creds.

Composite CCNA or two test route? I'd say shoot for the composite since you've been studying Net+ and it's fresh. Net+ helped me a lot when it came to CCNA.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • codedwarcodedwar Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on the CCNA studies! It is definitely a step up in difficulty but will give you a really solid base in networking if you take it seriously.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • dimeifieddimeified Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks! i think i'll go the composite route i would rather stress out only one time, hah