Options

Exam scheduled for 29 May

CBKNUTCBKNUT Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been reading posts on here but never posted anything. Tons of useful info. I have been studying since mid January consistently and have 11 years experience as a cryptanalyst with the National Security Agency as well as other InfoSec experience with them. Currently work as IT Security Lead with a government organization. My resources have been:

Books/Audio:

-The Official ISC2 CISSP CBK Review Seminar Student Handbook (Awesome resource)
-Eric Conrad 2E
-Eric Conrad 11th Hour (Last minute read)
-CISSP Rapid Review by Darril Gibson (Last minute read)
-AIO 6th Ed for (reference only)
-Shon Harris MP3s
-CyberSecStudy Podcasts by Donald Parker

Practice Exams:
-GIAC GISP practice exam (Scored 81% without using any references)
-2,600 or so CCCure paid questions, overall average is just under 80%
-All AIO questions
-CISSP Exam Prep, 1000 Practice Questions from SSI Logic
-McGraw Hill CISSP practice exams

-Various mobile apps

Of course I don't feel fully prepared as I'm sure most never do. I'm not sure what else I can do.

I'll let you know how it goes. If there are any other things I can do on my final countdown, please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck, seems like you are prepared quite well and have the experience to accompany your studies. You'll do great!
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! Your studies and experience should carry you pretty far.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From your job title alone I know you are going to pass. That Review Seminar handbook is supposed to be the best resource out there.
  • Options
    snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend start drink blue berry juice (Brain Food) Help retain stuff, I did that :)
  • Options
    sny wrote: »
    I would recommend start drink blue berry juice (Brain Food) Help retain stuff, I did that :)

I'm willing to try anything at this point.icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    In a half joking way you can ignore all that other stuff just use the review seminar handbook and you're set.

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Relax yourself, queeze every marks out by reading the weakest topic, probably allowing you to gain a little more marks. And drink milk to night before for a great sleep!

Plan your breaks and exam time well!
  • Options
    Well, I passed the exam this morning on my first attempt. It took me just over 2 hours to complete. I did think the exam was difficult, however, I had myself psyched out thinking it was going to be even worse than it was. Questions are certainly tricky and it is pretty easy to narrow it down to 2 choices, but I had problems picking between the last 2 choices many times. This keeps doubt in your mind all the way through the exam. I'm glad it's over and now on the the endorsement process.
  • Options
    2 hours? That's got to be a record. I used up every minute haha.

Congrats. Well earned. Endorsement should take a few weeks after submission unless you get audited so, there's that.
  • Options
    Good job on the pass!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Speaking of endorsement, after the endorser completes and digitally signs the form, does he forward to ISC2 or do I?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    CBKNUT wrote: »
    Speaking of endorsement, after the endorser completes and digitally signs the form, does he forward to ISC2 or do I?

The endorser needs to forward it.
  • Options
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    The endorser needs to forward it.

Ok, I was just thinking that I don't know if they even have my email address, unless it's tied to my candidate number. It's in my resume also but don't know if that is where they will look initially.
  • Options
    I apologize for all of the questions...but I just received the first email from ISC2. Is it normal to receive an email saying you are an associate? It says among many other things this.... no idea what they are talking about....
    "Maintaining Your Associate Status
    You have one extra year beyond the professional experience requirement for the credential you’re pursuing (i.e., six years for Associates working toward CISSP, two years for Associates working toward SSCP, 5 years for Associates working toward CSSLP and 3 years for Associates working toward CAP ) to acquire that experience. Should you fail to acquire the experience during that time, your Associate status expires. In order to maintain your Associate status, we also ask that you complete the following requirements by your anniversary date each year that you are an Associate of (ISC)2. These requirements will ensure the certification process goes smoothly once you have acquired the number of years of experience required for the (ISC)2 credential you are pursuing."
  • Options
    This is the interim period. Everyone who has passed the CISSP without endorsement OR has passed the CISSP exam solely for Associate status is given the infamous designation of:

Associate of (ISC)^2

What is an associate title? IMO It's fairly useless for anything outside of the DoD sector. Officially, the title is Associate of (ISC)^2 working toward CISSP however there is some debate as to whether or not this is allowed on a resume.

Pro Tip: DO NOT put anything regarding "CISSP" in the resume that you send into ISC2 for endorsement. If you have a certification section or something, use only the above mentioned "Associate of (ISC)^2" status. If you put anything such as "passed CISSP", "pending CISSP", "CISSP Wannabee" your application will be put on hold until you remove it from your resume and send them a new one.
  • Options
    Your email is tied to your ISC(2) account.

And I didn't get an associate of ISC2 email. I got the pass/endorsement email and a congratulatory email once I had my endorsement completed. IIRC, you have to state your intention to become an Associate to programs@isc2.com within 8 months if you don't have the experience. If you do have the experience, you need to complete the endorsement.

Not sure why you got that email right off the bat...
  • Options
    cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    completed in 2 hours? Super fast reader. You need a special recognition for your reading ability. No wonder that's why you could read so many books for preparation.

Congrats.
  • Options
    billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120