Passed SSCP today! 5/27/14

kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
Too be honest, I over studied for this exam. 125 questions and 3 hours to test. Did all of the questions, and used my final 90 minutes to review all of my answers. Re-reading the questions, allowed me to make common sense of the answers, and caused me to change some my original selections.

Materials: Darrell Gibson's wonderful SSCP book, google, and cccure free practice questions. That's all you'll need.

Difficulty wasn't bad at all. The Windows 7 certification was 10 times harder than the SSCP...LOL
WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
Courses:
Done!!!

Comments

• HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Congrats!

I'm glad you found it easy. Over-studying is never a bad thing, maybe you can use all that knowledge and move on to the CISSP exam.
  • mang109mang109 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for posting! I have my exam tomorrow, and was worried that Gibson might not be detailed enough. Your success bodes well.
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mang109 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for posting! I have my exam tomorrow, and was worried that Gibson might not be detailed enough. Your success bodes well.
    The only surprise that I got was more cloud questions than I thought I would see. Watch out for those.
    Courses:
    Done!!!
    Humbe wrote: »
    Congrats!

I'm glad you found it easy. Over-studying is never a bad thing, maybe you can use all that knowledge and move on to the CISSP exam.
    I want to, but I feel that I need to wait. I still have 3-4 years of experience to get before I can earn it.
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Can you get a security job with just sscp? At least an entry level one?
    I just got back... I passed icon_cheers.gif.

Harder than I thought it might be, but as there is no score I don't know if I flew through or just scraped.
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    Can you get a security job with just sscp? At least an entry level one?

I have seen some advertised. Even if its not required it should boost any application to low level Security roles I think.
    Most HR reps have no idea what SSCP is. I was required to get it by my boss. We both agreed that its a great step for someone new in security.
    Courses:
    Done!!!