Passed ICND1 Today..

roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Squeaked by with 907/1000. The exam was more or less what I expected. Not being able to mark and or return to questions really sucks. I've had exposure to Cisco equipment while working and the OSI model/IP addressing while studying for my 4 year degree.

Although I had the study materials and lab setup since the beginning of the year I didn't start hitting things hard till about March.

Test Objectives - Percent Correct

Operation of IP Data Networks - 100%
LAN Switching Technologies - 100%
IP Addressing IPv4/IPv6 - 100%
IP Routing Technologies - 79%
IP Services - 100%
Network Device Security - 50%

Study Materials Used

Todd Lammle's CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide
CCNA/CCENT IOS Commands Survival Guide

My Home Lab
3 x WS-3750 Switches
3 x 2801 Routers

My Advice;

If your studying to memorize each and every subject in the Exam Objectives not only will you go nuts but you probably won't be able to retain it all. The idea is to study and learn it.

As a aside, there was another person testing when I was. They were taking the composite CCNA exam and went in very unsure. When I came out the lady who was working the desk told me she's been doing this for some time and she's seen a clear higher percentage of passing rates for the two exam route vs the single exam.

I asked for her thoughts on that and she said there is just so much to "know" that very few people can just take it all in at once.
Especially if all they have is a Boot Camp under their belt.

Well back to the books. Want to sit for ICND2 in 30 days.
Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • den1966den1966 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great Job!

Good Luck with ICND2. I am studying for it myself and hope to test in 3-4 weeks.
  • roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I went to look at what dates were available next month in my area for ICND2 and there were only two. The 12th and the 26th. I ponied up the cash and booked the 26th. Man I hope I am ready.

Running on a tight schedule as I want to get ITIL Foundations V3 and CCNA Sec done as well before the end of the summer.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats

Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Good job, glad you passed!
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.