Options

VMware Press: Official Cert Guide VCAP5-DCA *nice one*

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Finally received this

VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5- Data Center Administration | Pearson IT Certification

Cost me a pretty penny here in the UK (Shipping from US was half the price of the book itself) but well worth the investment. I haven't finished the book yet but the authors do claim that IF, and only IF, you manage to do the test scenario(s) without the help of any documentations and quickly, you (should) will pass the actual exam.

What wasn't clear to me from the description of the book initially, is, whether the book actually talks specifically about 511 or 550. Good news is, both. Scenario seem to apply to both, so you should be able to do just fine on both.

When I (pre)ordered the book there wasn't a mention of the Premium Edition .. The premium edition includes the eBook variants (PDF / Mobi / ePub) and therefore always the latest updates / erratas .. Simply re-code (watermark) / re-download the book at a later date and you should receive the latest bits.

Also nice, the premium edition includes two additional scenarios (3 total). They all start with the initial setup, making sure you can follow the lab precisely

VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5- Data Center Administration | Pearson IT Certification

Now the good news - the hardcover book includes a 70% voucher for the premium edition - so you don't lose out like I thought you would.

Really good one .. Once I tackled the DCA, I am sure I will do the DCD and certainly get the same book for the DCD :)
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments