Options

Is Cisco Back (as an enterprise security leader)?

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
Is Cisco Back (as an enterprise security leader)?

Of particular interest to me:

"Cisco is also jumping into the managed security services market with both feet. For example, it now offers a big data security analytics managed service for incident detection, investigations, and forensics. While Cisco uses a physical Hadoop cluster on the customer premise, the service is fully managed by Cisco security analysts and customers pay for it on an annual subscription basis. Cisco will continue to expand upon managed security solutions moving forward."

I've read a lot of comments elsewhere of Dell mucking up Secureworks after the transition, and if Cisco is looking to expand and become a major player in the MSSP space, I'd definitely be interested in getting on board there.
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    PaloAlto is eating Cisco's lunch...Cisco has been a major disappointment on the Security front. Sure they acquired SoureFire but they are far from being at the point where customers are seeing a positive impact from that acquisition.

IMO, Cisco Security is moving forward but is in a "TBD" status.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?