Options

Easiest, fastest way to study for A+?

urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking at studying and taking the exams for A+. Say, I have limited knowledge, what is the timeframe etc I could possibly study for this in?
2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]

Comments

• Options
    Strick9Strick9 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed 801 and it took about a month of prep. I have basic user knowledge. I've been prepping for 802 for 2 weeks..... I believe it will take the same amount of time, so, 2 months total. Read, watch videos, oh read!
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are a lot of free resources out there. I would recommend watching some Professor Messer videos on YouTube after you review the material. If you have an understanding of the material, you should be able to do well on the exams.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Why are you taking the exam? If you are attempting to enter into IT as a career I would reccommend spending more time to actually learn the concepts.

For the quickest easiest way I would say download the objectives and grab a copy of Mike Meyers All in One and possibly Exam Cram. You could probably knock out both exams within a month or two.

I would recommend however to do the above but take say six months and spend a good amount of time doing hands on activites such as building a computer, installing Windows, setting up your own network, and etc. Employers want to know you can actually do the job. Hiring managers are very good at noticing if you actually know the position or just crammed for the exam. I kid you not but in an A+ class that I took during high school there were guys that didn't know what a hard drive does or how to properly hook one up.

Anyways good luck!
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't try to study the fastest way, you'll forget much of the material a couple of weeks later anyway. Study at your own pace so that you learn as much as possible.