CEH

TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
For the CEH exam, do you have to be in the security field for 3 years?. Also I'm looking into the Computer forensics modules and exam and wondered if the same applied?

icon_confused.gif
If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GBAGIRL wrote:
    For the CEH exam, do you have to be in the security field for 3 years?. Also I'm looking into the Computer forensics modules and exam and wondered if the same applied?

icon_confused.gif

Keep me posted too, I'm looking at getting into the same boat. I have an honest interest in the forensics end, and would love to be able to do some consulting so I can travel a bit.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • jwlazarjwlazar Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my last job, there were around 8 CISSPs, 4 of whom have 0 network admin or security experience apart from the fact that they are consultants marketing security-related products. As for duration...that's iffy.

I say go for it (the CEH, that is); there are many people who manage to obtain it without going through proper procedure so I'm sure you can manage with 2 years actual real-world experience.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If forensics is what you want to get into, you should look at EC Council's (the same vendors of the CEH) Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator. Check it out here......

http://www.eccouncil.org/CHFI.htm
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Thanks. I enjoyed the CEH so much that I might consider the forensics. I have not put in for CEH exam yet but its definately on my lists to do. I have to say that the CEH modules were pretty straightforward. I'm not sure how hard the forensics may be.

Thank you for the information Keatron. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!