Options

Should I take the CCENT test in the morning or evening?

StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
This is it, I'm planning on scheduling my appointment for my CCENT on the 2nd of June. But the thing is I'm not sure if it would be best to take in the morning or evening...say 2pm. I would like to attend class first so I can go over a few things. I guess I just want to know if there's a difference between going early in the morning vs going at 2-3pm.
Currently reading Network Warrior

Comments

• Options
    roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There's not going to be any difference as far as the testing center is concerned. So it boils down to you. I can understand you want to make sure you've got everything dialed in, we all do. But if your not ready for the test in the morning what concept are you going to grasp in a few more hours?

If your not ready see if any dates are open the following week or in a couple of days.

Good Luck on the Exam.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • Options
    StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    Yea your right. I doubt taking a few hours to go over some things was going to help anyways lol. But I went ahead and scheduled it at 10:45 on June 2nd. I sure hope my 6 months of studying has paid off. I'm excited and nervous at the same time lol.
    Currently reading Network Warrior
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck man. I scheduled mine for 11am trying to stick with my normal schedules.
    I didn't want to go to early and rush but I didn't not study that morning at all.

I feel like it's better to try and find a way to relax that morning.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! That's usually the time I try and schedule my tests at. It gives me a chance to sleep in a little later than usual and take my time getting into the testing center. Not to mention that when you finish, it's lunch time and you can have a good meal afterwards!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I used to recommend to my men, if you have testing to do, do it in the morning and don't try to overload on what you already know. Also, try to stay away from the alcohol the night before and don't drink to much caffeine in the morning before your test, make sure you are wide awake and fresh.

Makes the brain more active and able to remember what you have learned.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took mine at 12 noon.. In the morning I went through what I thought was important such as recalling NAT config commands and junk like than
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OP, you'll be alright man, everyone gets nervous. I usually do my test's about the same time 10:00 ~ 11:30. It's not the first thing in the morning, so you have time to collect your thoughts. But not late in the day either when other things can distract you from your objective for the day, which is passing the exam.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.