GISP practice test

billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
Hi folks,
I scored a 70% on the GISP exam. I dont know if this will qualify me to pass the CISSP or what not but I sure hope it is an indicator. My exam date is set for Thursday. Whats your take folks? Should I focus on my weak areas and take the exam? Any thoughts/advice LionalTeo? I know you are a big believer in the GISP.

[h=3]GISP Practice Test[/h] Score: 70% Status: Passed Access Controls star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifBusiness Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifCryptography star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifInformation Security Governance and Risk Management star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifLaw, Regulations, Compliance and Investigations star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifPhysical and Environmental Security star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifSecurity Architecture and Design star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifSecurity Operations star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifSoftware Development Security star.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifTelecommunications and Network Security star.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif

Comments

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Billy,

70% is somewhat a safe range, you had a good chance of passing the CISSP, the GISP is a slightly more tougher than the CISSP. I hope that the GISP had you prepared mentally now what's the CISSP is like but its filled with a less scenario question and little more giveaway memory type of question like you can find in CCCure. Simply focus on your weak domains to squeeze as many score out as you can. There is noting else you can prepared at this point of time unless you had some new fresh ideas on how to push your score up.
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Hi Billyr2009, Does GISP practice exam provide you answer with explanation and reference? I would recommend you go over the checklist to answer based on your knowledge, if you don't know something in the check go back and study that section. Please provide the result on the exam. I am scheduled to take on this Saturday, June 7, 2014.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    Good luck cyber do, I pushed my test back to next week! Gisp doesn't give you the ones you had wrong unfortunately but it's ok, I will focus on my weaknesses and review this next week
    Hi GISP Practice test does give you explanation for your wrong answer, unless you took the official exam. I was surprise you said you didnt have explanation for wrong answers.
  • sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He definitely took the practice test, it says at the top of the pasted content.

70% is close, but quite close. I got 84% on the GISP practice. I am a network engineer though so scored 4 stars for TNS, which may be where the difference lies.
    When will you able to access GISP practice test after purchase? I purchased this morning, it has been almost of the end of the day. And I still have no receive anything information access the practice test. I am trying to take it now to determine my strength and weakness for Saturday exam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thats correct I took the practice test for GISP, it does give you the wrong answer. It took me about 2 days to receive the exam after payment. Good luck Saturday. I am reviewing my 2 weakest domains.
    Wow 2 days! I just wait until tomorrow, if I don't receive by then I'll cancel it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Call them and let them know or email them, someone encounter the same problem as you and got it within 24 hours
    Actually, I just got it about several hours ago. While watching The 100 and Baby Daddy, and since I have multiple screens on desktop. I decided to take the practice exam, and it took me about 2 hours and 30 minutes while watching the TV. If I focus on it without watching I would have in the 80% because of misread questions and some answer choices. I hate one thing about this practice exam that you cannot mark for review, once you move on you cannot go back. Therefore, some of the question, I just check and go. Since my exam in on Saturday, I'll focus on technical domains (Telecom, Software, Cryptography, and Architecture) But here is my result:

[h=3]GISP Practice Test[/h]Score: 70% Status: PassedAccess Controlsstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planningstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Cryptographystar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Information Security Governance and Risk Managementstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Law, Regulations, Compliance and Investigationsstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Physical and Environmental Securitystar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Security Architecture and Designstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Security Operationsstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Software Development Securitystar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    Telecommunications and Network Securitystar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_inactive.gifstar_inactive.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wow you received the exact same score as me. I hope it is sufficient enoguh to pass the CISSP. For me, I am just focusing on my 2 weakest domains and then I will try to review up this weekend. Let me know how you do! Good luck
  • salee_msalee_m Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    billyr2009 wrote: »
    Wow you received the exact same score as me. I hope it is sufficient enoguh to pass the CISSP. For me, I am just focusing on my 2 weakest domains and then I will try to review up this weekend. Let me know how you do! Good luck

please provide the link for GISP practice test.
    salee_m wrote: »
    please provide the link for GISP practice test.
    Just sign up at GIAC Exam Preparation Overview
    - It costs $125.00
    - Also check out Tanscender is good too, and over 1,000 questions.
    URL: Transcender ISC2 CISSP Exam | CISSP Certification Training Products

-$119.00 for 30 days access, I think if you buy 6 months access you can get your money back if you don't pass first attempt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malcolmcatmalcolmcat Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you CyberfiSecurity for sharing these links.
    Hi billyr2009,

Just want to let you know that I passed CISSP exam on Saturday, June 7, 2014.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey hey! Congrats man! I was wondering about you :) It must be a big relief. What did you think of the exam? Any tips for me for final prep, I'm trying to review my weak areas this weekend and hopefully take the thing on Tuesday. What did you do in the last couple of days leading up to the exam? Enjoy, it is well earned!
    billyr2009,

To be honest with you that this is not my first time taking it. Since my last attempt about 3 ½ months ago, I do not read any book except the following materials.
    - Eric Conrad 11 hours CISSP (Skim through)
    - Sunflower review (v.11)
    - Listen to CBT nugget CISSP training video while are commuting to work and at the gym at least twice (the instructor only cover the major stuffs, but not everything)
    - Using the official study guide as reference for looking up for details

But here are some of my tips that how I was successful for this. When doing practice exam to ensure to pay attention to the answer with explanation even though you got it right. Avoid taking any practice exam with simple answer without any explanation. You also, learning from the explanation for other areas as well. Eric Conrad and Total Tester practice exams a good, but do not have good explanation.
    For the exam day:
    - Get a good sleep at least 8 hours, I slept 6 hours last night. You need your memory to be fresh so you can think only about CISSP materials. I did not do this, I slept about 2 to 3 hours before and worried about the materials and tried to cram more stuffs at the last minute. I ended could not think of any because my brain was shutdown.
    - Get good breakfast because if you are hungry during the exam, you cannot think of anything.
    - If you are tired during exam, just take a break for restroom, walk, wash your face
    (You could think better after a break)
    -
    For the practice exam, I did not use CCURE.ORG at this time. I do have paid membership, but did not pass last attempt. I don’t bother to go back as it is too much technical. After seeing you guys said that GISP exam is closer to CISSP exam, but paid $125.00 for 250 question. I do not think it worth the money. Since I have used CCURE.ORG, GIAC GISP, and Transcender. In that three paid practice exam products, I would recommend Transcender.
    - I also used Total Tester’s CISSP practice, Eric Conrad 2 practice exams. Total Tester have at least 5% of error.

If you have at least 4 days to the exam, I would recommend you to check out Transcender.
    But over all of attempts, it is still cheaper than Boot Camp class. My next exams are PMP, CCFP, GXPN, GREM, and CCIE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Seems like Transcender is solid, I will keep it in my recommendation list; didn't had the opportunity to heard of it during my preparation last time.