CEHv8 training

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
Got an offer from EC-Council Academy in Malaysia for CEHv8 training.

5 days training (9am - 5pm)
Official Course Materials
Exam Vouchers-312
Certification of Attendance
Certificate of Achievement
Two refreshments per day

$2399 USD
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,081 Admin
    Airline ticket not included?

icon_wink.gif
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    Got stop over there anyway
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • MorvMorv Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That price is more or less the same as the top schools are charging here in the US for a 5 day 9-5 training here in the US. In case you hadn't shopped around ;)
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is the class in English? How well versed will the instructor be?
    I booked it yesterday and paid deposit.
    They offered to ship the course ware in advance, but I'll collect it upon arrival as I already ordered the All-In-One Exam Guide (Second Edition).
    Morv wrote: »
    That price is more or less the same as the top schools are charging here in the US for a 5 day 9-5 training here in the US. In case you hadn't shopped around

Well, no big deal really.
    The price includes the course ware ~ $850 and exam fee ~ $500.
    Same deal back home is ~ $5400 USD.

It's still months ahead so got plenty of time to save up.
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Is the class in English? How well versed will the instructor be?

Hope so! They know that I am a foreigner :D
    A short follow-up on this one.
    Just completed the official training and I must say I'm overall very impressed.

Everything from the follow-up from the Sales Executive all the way from when I booked the training back in June and up till now has been amazing as well as the facilities and food was excellent.

The trainer was very experienced and explained the subjects in a very easy and understandable way (he has been doing this stuff for 15 years).

His English level was not that good so it was a little bit of a language barrier, but if you understand the concepts beforehand and are used to "travel English" then it wasn't really a problem.

The first day we received the official courseware which included three books (Volume 1, 2 and the Lab Manual) as well as the 6 DVDs, a pen and a notepad in a pretty big red box.

As for the classroom set up we all got one workstation each where we had customized VMs running Win 2003, 2008, WinXP, 7, 8, BackTrack 3, BackTrack 5 R3 and Kali.

The overall training was very intense and they didn't manage to cover all the modules over the week.

We were a good mix of 20 students and most of them had either just completed a bachelor in Computer Science or (Digital) Forensics, 2 or 3 were Systems Administrators and Networking people looking for new job opportunities and me the only foreigner :D

The last day we had training till lunch time, did some self study in the classroom before getting ready to take the exam.

The overall exam was very straight forward, there were perhaps 3 or 4 questions I had to read quite a few times to understand what they really were asking.

I passed the exam with average score but man I'm happy I read Matt's AIO book two times as well as official NMAP documentation before attending this course.

After the exam we received Certification of Attendance, group photo printout and I also got a free workshop that I attended a few days before the training started (Top 10 vulnerabilities).

The only downside is that they informed that the training center will be closing down early next year so they don't take any new bookings.

Very satisfied with the overall quality of the training and facilities.
    My only recommendation is be well prepared before attending a boot camp.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,081 Admin
    They didn't give you the course materials in a C|EH backpack or a C|EH t-shirt? Those are given out in the CEH classes that I teach.

And what was BT R3 used for? The materials reference only BT R5. I haven't seen updates for Kali 1.0 yet.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    They didn't give you the course materials in a C|EH backpack or a C|EH t-shirt? Those are given out in the CEH classes that I teach.

And what was BT R3 used for? The materials reference only BT R5. I haven't seen updates for Kali 1.0 yet.

As far as I can tell the t-shirt and the backpack is not part of the official course ware according to the EC-Council Store.
    If you compare the archived site of the store you can see those products has been removed.

It was not mentioned, not sure why.

We barely touched BT R3, but it was mainly used for wireless hacking with the TP-Link / Alfa adapters.
    I am under the impression that the trainer preferred to use BT 5 instead of Kali due to it's speed.

However the modules was not taught in order as we were required to study some of them at home, but it was explained in detail upfront which modules to be covered on each day.