Options

Help with IP camera

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

I'm getting myself a fairly cheap IP camera from foscam and have read that it is possible to use programs like ispy and yawcam to upload images on motion detect to the likes of dropbox. This would need the PC to also be powered on

As I'm energy efficient and don't leave my PCs on when i leave home, does anyone know of a way to get the camera to automatically send images/video off-site for remote access? or possibly to network attached storage/USB readyshare connected to my netgear router (given its not totally fool proof if i get say burgled) the camera does have built in ftp client but i'm a bit loathe to use the likes of sensr because apparently when you sign up you have to give them the login details of the camera which to me poses a big security risk.
The main caveat being whatever method is used ideally doesnt require my PC being powered on. any ideas

thanks
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a few of those cameras and I have them hooked up to my media server running Blue Iris. Anything that skips the requirement of having a PC handle the software means having some other 3rd party handling what you want unless you get one of the more consumer friendly cameras from DLink. Those types of cameras let you offload the work to their servers and you can handle the setup and keep your credentials to yourself, though they really want you to pay for their hosting service also.