Options

Passed ICND1

zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
After three weeks of on and off studies I finally passed my ICND1 exam on the first try.
I went in with confidence, but not fully prepared. But it went my way.

Was very surprised about not getting ANY IPv6 questions at all..
Only a few OSPF questions, though two sims.

Now we are moving towards the next goal of CCNA SEC

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, thats outstanding. Motivates me even more. May I ask what materials did you use to study?
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch guys.
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats, thats outstanding. Motivates me even more. May I ask what materials did you use to study?

I mainly used this book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
    and also watched the videos from CBT nuggets: Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets
    And: Exam Walkthrough: Cisco ICND1/CCENT 100-101 Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

The exam walkthrough was a big help on how to think during the exam. But overall I prefer the book.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    NetEsoonNetEsoon Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW, congratulations... I just started studying yesterday, and my goal is to present the exam in about one month, so you are really motivating me :) by any chance, do you have any ideas in how to get the CBT nuggets at a discounted price? I went to the website and I think it is like $90.00 a month.

Congrats again ;)
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    NetEsoon wrote: »
    WOW, congratulations... I just started studying yesterday, and my goal is to present the exam in about one month, so you are really motivating me :) by any chance, do you have any ideas in how to get the CBT nuggets at a discounted price? I went to the website and I think it is like $90.00 a month.

Congrats again ;)

*cough* torrents *cough*
  • Options
    bloodmagexdbloodmagexd Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There's a less specific CCNA course by INEtraining if you're interested. I'm going to write the exam next month too so gl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDPrBHPQ4w&list=PLF991927DF086C27C&index=17
  • Options
    NetEsoonNetEsoon Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL... Thanks Guys!
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    ciscouser8429ciscouser8429 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zyke wrote: »
    After three weeks of on and off studies I finally passed my ICND1 exam on the first try.
    I went in with confidence, but not fully prepared. But it went my way.

Was very surprised about not getting ANY IPv6 questions at all..
    Only a few OSPF questions, though two sims.

Now we are moving towards the next goal of CCNA SEC

Nice, congrats!! what do you plan to study for the CCNA SEC besides global knowledge! I plan to take that test at the end of this month right after my classes.
  • Options
    roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • Options
    As Deathmage said... borrow it form the internet, that's what I did ;)
  • Options

I am going to take the same route as I did with CCENT.

Official Cert Guide CCNA Security 640-554
    ISBN 10: 1-58720-446-0

And the CBT nugget movies regarding CCNA Security :)
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□