Options

A little advice

EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, Ive only found this site a couple days ago, when looking for practice exams, and my Core exam is schedualed for tomorrow.
The thing is Im a bit nervous, because I actually started learning for this certification several years ago, using the Learnkey CDs with M.Meyers, but never got to taking the exam.
Now I allso used the same materials, but knowing that hardware changed so much in these years makes me worry a lot.
I got 35 questions right of 50 in the core exam on the site, and I would like to know what is this exams dificulty level compared to the actual exam, and maybe if you have any tips on whats important to study or just general advice I would really apreciate it a lot icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Comptia's exam is more difficult than this site's q's. It seems you are using an outdated book to read / study. You can only prepare properly for the A+ with a book that has the current 2003 A+ material (Comptia Quality logo on it is perferred). The test covers new technology RDRAM, SDATA drives, USB, 1394 just to name a few. You need to know these plus all CPU Socket/Slot types. Good luck.
  • Options
    Well my material actually covered all that but the SATA, which I picked up from the TechNotes, so thanks for the reply and maybe anything else I should know?
  • Options
    Yeah, just came home after passing with a mediocre 642 !
    I actually excpected to fail, so Im very happy that I managed to pass my first certification exam.
    I have to say this site was a lot of help, the TechNotes and the exams are probably what saved me.
    I have to say that my particular exam was pretty heavy on networking, and many cable issues that I didnt bother to study icon_rolleyes.gif
    Most printer question were about Dot Matrix, which I find kinda odd.

Well, big thanks again to the site, and now I know to check all the info for my next OS exam, instead of finding this site a day before the exam like I did :)
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.......a pass is a pass.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    EvilSky wrote:
    Yeah, just came home after passing with a mediocre 642 !

Congratulations!

Why would you consider a 642 'mediocre'? It is far above the 505/515 min pass score, and likely reflects the amount of experience you have with the material. As already mentioned, a Pass = a Pass, no more no less. ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Its 71%, so its not a high score either, but again like I said Im just happy to pass, I would have been confortable even with a 516 icon_cool.gif