Options

VCAP5-DCA + CCNP/CCIE Datacenter Combo

asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
Hello All;

So i just passed VCAP5-DCA couple weeks ago, and I in the process of doing both VCAP-CIA and VCAP-DTA this summer. (Personal goal to have all three). If by any lucky there VCAP for network virtilization is added I will try to get that done to.

Anyways I was looking into CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Datacenter and notice there is a huge overlap with VMware, and I am wondering what people thoughts are on CCNP Datacenter and CCIE Datacenter.

I starting to think having VCAP5-DCA/CCNP DC + a Netapp NCDA certification combo would a magic combo.

CCIE DC would be the cherry on top and more of a longer term goal.

Currently my background is a For the Past couple years I have been a VMware and Windows Admin, and starting to get into the Vmware Cloud products this year.

The only challenge I see with the "VCAP5-DCA/CCNP DC + a Netapp NCDA certification combo" is the Netapp part of the certification since there has been a lot less training material out there, but I think that bridge can be crossed once I get there.

Timeline
Summer 2014 - Finish VCAP-CIA/DTA
Fall/Winter 2014 - Finish of CCNA DC/CCNP DC
Jan/Feb -2015 NetApp NCSA/NCDA
Reset of 2015 - CCIE DC

Thoughts anybody?

Comments

• Options
    ospf_neighbor_downospf_neighbor_down Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a CCIE R&S and after I get my VCP-DCV I will pursue the CCIE DC track. Maybe a little more VMware, but desire to get back to Cisco as soon as possible. I recently spoke with a recruiter at Cisco and he mentioned it's kind of an unofficial prerequisite to have a VMware certification before starting the Cisco DC track. UCS has been gaining market share and is definitely a valuable tech skill to have.