Options

Missed it by an inch...

MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I took my ICND1 exam and needed 804. I was short by 3 measly points. From the looks of my results, I killed in ipv4 and ipv6, and scored between 50 to 93 percent on other subjects. I scored 39 percent in ip sources or something, I can't remember. The whole ordeal feels like a fight in which I was winning and the enemy dodged the last fatal blow and ran away. I won't give up because I have came too far. The sad part is, I will have to sacrifice my ICND2 exam for a final rematch with ICND1.

As far as the material, the simlet was annoying because I had to keep switching between windows to find the answer. Also it REALLY helps to know your show commands.

I plan on retaking the ICND1 in a couple of weeks so that I can strike while the iron's hot.

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    MrPuzzlez wrote: »
    Well, I took my ICND1 exam and needed 804. I was short by 3 measly points. From the looks of my results, I killed in ipv4 and ipv6, and scored between 50 to 93 percent on other subjects. I scored 39 percent in ip sources or something, I can't remember. The whole ordeal feels like a fight in which I was winning and the enemy dodged the last fatal blow and ran away. I won't give up because I have came too far. The sad part is, I will have to sacrifice my ICND2 exam for a final rematch with ICND1.

As far as the material, the simlet was annoying because I had to keep switching between windows to find the answer. Also it REALLY helps to know your show commands.

I plan on retaking the ICND1 in a couple of weeks so that I can strike while the iron's hot.

Does your name happen to be Oberyn Martell?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□

I'm a BIG fan of the sh ip ospf int command
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ouch... however, tenacity will sharpen you up if you keep grinding at it. I wish you well in your studies!
    Ah, that Game of Thrones reference icon_jokercolor.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□

'IP Sources'... It's "IP Services", you really should look on the Cisco site and check exam topics and weighting. Best way to learn... From someone who got 980+ on ICND 1 + 2...
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Routemypacket LMAO....too soon.

Good luck on the next try, I'm sure you will get it.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dam that sucks!
    You were that close it should be a breeze next time.
    Go review that printout it will tell you exactly what to focus on for the next couple weeks.

The problem I had with the simlets was the commands I knew were not available. I figured it out but it took a lot longer. If there is two ways to confirm something try to know them both.

Good Luck on your retest.
  • Options
    I didn't have the sheet in front of me. I didn't see many questions about things like ping, traceroute, etc, but you bet your ethernets I will review things all around. I will especially focus on OSPF. I know how to make a small network with it, but need to dissect it more for troubleshooting purposes.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod

*sniff* A moment of silence please.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    The crazy thing about this exam was that it happened during a really bad storm, as if clashing against the exam was what caused it! Before the exam, it was cloudy and dry. During the exam, there were harsh winds, heavy rains, and a power brownout! After the storm, It stopped raining, I'm hearing more sirens, and trees were knocked over and there were power outages on main streets... crazy, huh?!
  • Options
    I plan on doing my final retake this Friday. I've gone over OSPF, configuring NAT and ACLs and more test prep. I. AM. READY!!!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck! You got this!
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, you'll get it this time.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You've got it. I missed the composite exam on my first try by a very small margin, and I was pissed. It took me a while to scrape together the money for the first attempt, but I went back and dominated my second attempt (helped that I did the two-exam route).
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    You'll knock it out the park this time. Will be looking for your "I passed" post on Friday!
  • Options
    You got it!! This one's for you guys!!!