Options

MTA 98-365 Resources

I'm looking at getting my feet wet with MS Server certs and my recruiter advises its a good idea to demonstrate some mutli-vendor/technology skill sets. So I was thinking of starting with 98-365 (server admin fundementals). It tests on server 2008 and just wondering if there are any suggested resources that would be good for this exam?

Another question is the value of this cert - would it be worth obtaining this as entry level cert to get in the door with some admin skills (considering my main job roles are network/voice engineering) or spend the time and get the 2012 MSCA?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say go for it if you want to, it never hurts to get other vendor certs that's for sure. You should pick it up quite quickly from looking at the level you are at already. I'm going down the MCSA 2008 path with a view to updating to 2012 but that's more because I can get involved more with 2008 at work at present and have got the lab etc set up at home. If you have the time and the inclination I would say it's worth going down the 2012 MCSA route anyhow!
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Hey, thanks for the input!

As i am currently rebuilding my home lab around the CCNP/CCIE voice track I will be building a more powerful home PC to run ESXi. So I thought I may aswell use this to build some server 2012 AD and WDS servers, and an exchange server aswell and just for for the MSCA 2012 cert. and then see where that takes me. its more just to supplement Cisco but I can also study how to have active directory and exchange intergrated with CUCM and CUC.

Thanks.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went for the MTA Server Fundamentals and use some of that knowledge for my current position as a sys admin. If you pass you will also get the MCP certificate. An MCSA would be a logical good next step after completing this.
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    What resources did you use for study?