Options

A career in networking or web programming -CCNA vs PHP?

vpnvpn Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Friends
I was curious to know which is better profession -CCNA or PHP?
Which has better prospects and has good work environment? Also long-term career prospects if one is best in both of this fields-which one should one choose?
I know some will say its about own interest and skills and knowledge but say a person A has skills,interest and knowledge in both of these fields ,then which is comparatively,even if slightly better??

With Regards

Comments

• Options
    bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
    Web Dev. Work from home, flexible hours, generally lower stress, ability to start own business easily, etc.
  • Options
    snosno Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The only thing i would really think of is software is probably easier to outsource than networking.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's apples and oranges.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Completely depends on the person and their personality. Web development you might work more alone more often, and networking you'll probably work more with a team.

Networking could possibly lead to a higher salary depending on what you do in networking.
    Web development you could also lead to a higher salary, but you have to be more independently driven.

It all depends on your personality, likes and dislikes.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Seeing the direction of IT, web development is probably a better choice. Anyone who is in the enterprise support, infrastructure, networking, and hardware support fields will see very moderate job growth compared to development.
  • Options
    lilysimithlilysimith Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now a days both the fields are on the boom. It depends on ur personal interest that u want to go to the development side or the networking side.
  • Options
    SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends on your personal qualities.
    You may suck at both.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bhcs2014 wrote: »
    Web Dev. Work from home, flexible hours, generally lower stress, ability to start own business easily, etc.

Agreed and high bill rates from the start. We just hired a guy a few months back who recently graduated from college. He did have two internships under his belt, but he is making 75,000 22 - 23 years old.

Our senior is 31 making a killing. It's a good route to go.

I don't know enough about networking to give you any information. Like Networker said its apples to oranges.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Apples and oranges. Whatever you do, don't be an average developer or an incompetent network engineer. Try to excel.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends on which you would rather do. People who are good at networking are the ones that love it. Personally I would hate to be a developer. I used to do it and it bored me to tears.

For the foreseeable future the prospects for a quality network person are excellent.
  • Options
    SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
    Networking. I was born for this.