Options

Resume Question

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I just passed my CCENT a couple weeks ago and am wondering how people put that on their resumes. Do you need to include a Cisco ID or Validation ID or anything so the company reviewing your resume knows for sure that you actually have the certification you claim?

Comments

• Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I would put the fact that I passed and expand a bit on your experience, to give the an idea you actually have the knowledge that they are looking for, if they have a question, I would give them a contact persona to get a reference from. When I was hiring people or assigning people for certain situations, I always wanted to be able to verify what they were claiming.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I would include the Cisco ID to help look more legit but as you probably already know they can't really do anything without the verifier. I've heard alot of instances where certs were a plus but employers really don't check them; depends on who. I have an excel spreadsheet with all the verification info needed which helps.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    There are so many people that lie about certs, I don't think any place bothers to check them unless it's of some benefit as a Cisco partner. My current employer was surprised to find out I was actually CCNA R/S certified after I claimed to be so through the interview process, so putting your Cisco id on the resume is way overkill.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Well I guess, I am one of the odd ones, because I did and do actually check on those things, but I also had the ability to test my candidates while doing the interview. It becomes real obvious when someone claims something and can't actually do it.

There was a job listing I called about today in my local market that actually stated they wanted someone with A+ as well as CCNA, CCNP and when I called them, they asked if I had passed the certs and if so, could I provide my numbers, of course I have not passed yet, but was able to get an appointment so I could demonstrate my qualifications.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.