Options

Passed VCP 550!

RKDusRKDus Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed VCP 550 with a score of 454/500, delighted with that score since I definitely guessed a few answers!

I used the following materials:
- 5.5 Blueprint (http://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/web/portals/certification/VCP_Blueprints/VCP5-DCV-VCP550-Exam-Blueprint-v3_3.pdf)
- Install, Configure, Manage (in 5.1)
- CBT Nuggets (5.5)
- Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 (Amazon.com: Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 (9781118661147): Scott Lowe, Nick Marshall, Forbes Guthrie, Matt Liebowitz, Josh Atwell: Books)
- Labbing

Here's couple of exam tips for EASY marks :

Know what features come with what version of VSphere:
vSphere Editions, What is vSphere? Leading Virtual Infrastructure | VMware Australia

Learn the names of major and minor badges in VCOps and understand what they mean:
HEALTH - Workload, Anomalies, Faults
RISK - Time Remaining, Capacity Remaining, Stress
EFFICIENCY - Reclaimable Waste, Density

Expect multiple questions on each of these topics (Both of the points are in the blueprint so I hope that doesn't violate NDA etc)

Comments

• Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    way to go! Great score.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Seconded, great score! What's next? VCAP or branching off into another area?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    RKDusRKDus Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Next up is to upgrade my MCSA to 2012, then to get an ITIL foundation cert (yawn!) after that I'm not really sure. I'll probably just study some other technologies that I use regularly (Powershell, SQL, IIS, SCCM, Hyper-V etc) but won't bother with certs for those. I probably will do a VCAP eventually, but not for a while. How did you find the VCAP Essendon? A big step up from VCP? Worth doing?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    You the man now dog! :D
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
  • Options
    idevuseridevuser Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing exam!!
  • Options
    rickygmrickygm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi congratulations, perform the exam on 17th of this month and fail to obtain 231 points of 500, I studied three continuous months and 15 days the last night until 11:00 PM, I am now reviewing the blue print, and I'm not sure as study.

I was frustrated about three days, and am now returning to a study, the problem is that the price of the exam is not so cheap