Options

Passed

billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
It brings me great joy to tell you all that I passed the 2nd go around with the CISSP. my first attempt was the last week of April, and I scored a 688. I focused on my three worst domains Telecommunications, Software Development Security, and Legal. I had read the Sybex 6th edition and took 3 practice exams 10 days before the exam (GISP practice and 2 Eric Conrad practice exams). I think the GISP practice is a great measurement as LionalTeo and others have mentioned. I used the Shon Harris 6th edition for Material I felt weak on. I actually studied the night before the exam also and just had a good breakfast and coffee in the morning to keep my mind and body focused. I was determined to start the exam strong and knock out many questions as I could. With 3 hours into the exam I had 150 questions done. My mind seemed to wonder during the last 100 questions as I was losing focus taht I had earlier so the last 100 took me longer. I finished with 25 minutes to spare and only reviewed about 10-15 questions that I flagged. I only made 2 changes to those questions. It really is true what people say, just know the concepts and focus on what the question is asking you. That is the recipe for success. Thanks everyone who has guided me through this uphill battle, there are too many to name! It's a big relief once you pass! :)

Comments

• Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, Billy!
  • Options
    bigdummybigdummy Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on a job well done!

I bet it's a huge relief to have this test done and over with...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Congrats Billy!

What's next? GIAC Certs or CCFP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • Options
    billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    In terms of what is next, I am actually not too sure. I am debating between CISM or GCIA. How about you? What is next for you?
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Billy,

I think you should look at GIAC certification instead CISM. If you are going for ISACA route, then it worth to do CISA instead CISM. In my opinion CISM is overlap with CISSP. These certifications are mainly for management, it is not worth to have overlap. The same thing with CompTIA CASP and GIAC GISP. I did CompTIA CASP because I failed the CISSP, and DoD required me to update my Security+. I thought why would I want to do IAT level 2 instead I could use CISSP knowledge to take CompTIA CASP for IAT level 3, IASAE level 2, and IAM level 2.

My next 5 certifications, then I need to complete my Doctorate in Information Assurance: PMP, CCFP, GXPN, GREM, CCIE (Security/Data Center). I need to do GREM next year because my dissertation is possible in Reverse Engineering Malware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my opinion CISM is overlap with CISSP. These certifications are mainly for management, it is not worth to have overlap.
    Agreed and I believe the CISSP is the better of the two. Because you now have the CISSP, you'd be better served spending your time on a different cert and avoiding unnecessary annual fees.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! CISM is a good one. You could always look into the ISSMP too, if it's a management cert you're looking for.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Great to hear you make it! Welcome onboard!